May 6 - May 12
Week At A Glance
Monday, May 7
- H&S Board Meeting 6:30 pm (Rm 116)
- Yearbook Meeting 3:30 - 4:15 pm (Computer Lab)
- 8th Grade Sand Volleyball Class Outing
Tuesday, May 8
- May Crowning 10:00 am (Church) - REMEMBER TO BRING FLOWERS
Wednesday, May 9
National School Nurses' Day
School Mass - Hosted by 3rd Grade- Remember to bring a canned good.
Student Teacher of the Day Substitutes
Summer Title I Parent Night (Cafeteria)
- 7th Grade Field Trip
- Running Club 3:30 - 4:20 pm
- PE & Computer Big Bopper & 9 Square Class Outing
Friday, May 11
- 4th Grade Field Trip
Saturday, May 12
- Diocesan Track Meet
Letter from the Principal
There is great joy in my heart. Yesterday, I was reminded at the First Communion Mass, what a joy it is to receive Jesus in the Eucharist! It is this spiritual food that nourishes our souls. May we all remember how much Jesus loves us. He wants us to be filled with His love so much it overflows and is passed to others in our daily lives. May each Eucharist be as special as the first! Congratuations to our second graders!
Blessings of joy!
WHAT AN AMAZING WEEK LAST WEEK!
FIRST GRADE MINI MUSICAL
6th Grade Catholic Charities Drive Extended
Volunteer Spirit Hour Updates
The deadline to turn in SPIRIT hours for this school year is Friday, May 11th to have them included on your final report. Final SPIRIT Reports for the year will go out May 16th. (If you have already completed your SPIRIT commitment, you will not receive a report). If you earn SPIRIT hours after May 11th, please submit those hours to the office before you leave the school so that your totals can be adjusted.
Upcoming SPIRIT opportunities- see SignUp Genius for more details:
- Daily- Lunchroom/Playground:
- May 21: H&S Meeting, 7pm, 1 SPIRIT hour per parent in attendance
- 4th of July Parade – SMG has a long tradition of participation in the Arlington 4th of July Parade. We are in need of a chairperson for this year’s parade – this can be simply organizing a group of students to march or doing a full-blown float. Applications for Parade entries are due in May so there is still time to plan. Experienced families are available to advise and donated vehicles / trailer are available. For more info: https://arlington4th.org/entrants/overview
May 14 - SAC Meeting 6:30 pm
May 17 - Bishop Olson Visits our Campus
May 18 - 8th Grade Liturgical Luncheon (By Invitation Only)
May 18 - 22 - Finals
May 18 - Rescheduled Track Meet
May 19 - Sports Banquet
May 21 - Final Home & School General Meeting
May 22 - Candle Passing Practice
May 23 - Candle Passing
May 23 - Monthly Dine Out Night
May 24- Final Walk and Graduation
May 25 - Kindergarten Promotion
May 25 - Seminarian Visit
May 29 - Career Day
May 30 - Field Day
May 31 - Final Awards Assembly / Last Day of School
Summer Program Information
SMG Vacation Bible School
When: June 18-22nd
Time: 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Registration is now open!
For updated information, prices, and to register, please visit our website at smgparish.org/vbs. *Student volunteer applications are available on the church website.*
Saint Maria Goretti Catholic School
Saint Maria Goretti is a living testament to our Lord's work in His youngest disciples, exemplified by academic excellence, spiritual formation, and compassionate service to others.