God of sea and earthquakes
By: Erin Barnhill
-ImmortalRoman name- Neptune
Children- Theseus, Triton, Belus, Agenor, Atlas, and many more
Symbols- Dolphins, horses, triton
10 Facts about Poseidon
1. He was responsible for natural and supernatural events associated to the sea.
2. He could raise islands with a raise of his hand.
3. His father insulted him to brutally blind the Cyclops Polyphemus.
4. Poseidon could strike the ground with his trident to cause earthquakes; his nickname was the Earth-shaker.
5. He also had a palace made of gems and coral located on the ocean floor.
6. Poseidon rode on a golden cart called a chariot that was pulled by beasts that were half-horse and half-snake.
7. He didn't get along with mortals since he had a short temper.
8. The people who didn't worship him made him angry, and he started a terrible earthquake to make Atlantis never to be seen again.
9. Poseidon had a beard and long blue hair.
10. He could be kind and giving, but then again, he could smite his people with epilepsy.
I chose Poseidon because he was the God of the sea. His symbols represent me by horses and dolphins, and those are a couple of my favorite animals. He spends a lot of time in the water, and during the summer, I like to swim a lot. I like that he is a protector of the seas. His personality almost matches mine when I'm at home. I can be a moody or a bad tempered person around my brother. When Poseidon gets emotional, he results in violence. I can get emotional and punch my brother when he annoys me.