News from the Nest
Carpenter Elementary Parent Newsletter
Meet the Teacher
*Due to district guidance related to Covid, community events will not be held indoors at this time*
The First Day of School is Thursday, August 12th!
Return to Learn
The guidelines for Carpenter Elementary will align with the district guidelines. A few important specific things to note:
* Visitors will not be allowed on campus.
* Based on safety guidelines parents/visitors will not be allowed to drop off lunches or join the students at school for lunch. All students will have access to free breakfast and lunch.
* Students should bring a refillable water bottle to school daily.
* Every 2nd - 5th-grade student should bring their PfISD issued Chromebook fully charged every day. If your student doesn't have a district-issued Chromebook, one will be checked out to them within the first several days of school.
* In accordance with Gov. Abbott’s order, we will not require the wearing of masks on our campuses. However, we do encourage anyone who wants to wear a mask to do so. The CDC guidelines suggest all individuals age 2 and older who are not vaccinated should wear masks indoors at schools.
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Free Breakfast and Lunch for all Students!
This year ALL students will have access to free breakfast and lunch, regardless of economic need. The free breakfast and lunch opportunity will expire for the 2022-23 year; families that may qualify for free/reduced lunch should still complete the application this year so that services are not disrupted when this program ends. Please the Food and Child Nutrition Services page for the Free & Reduced Meals Applications (or click here).
Mark you Calendar
August 9th (after 3:00) - Welcome Call from TeachersAugust 10th (4:00 - 6:00) - Meet the Teacher
August 12th - First Day of School!
September 6th - Labor Day (Student and Staff Holiday)