May 20, 2023
Last week of school
Here are a few things to know as we approach the last week of school.
- Monday is the last day for backpacks. Please leave them at home the reminder of the week.
- You may have received an email from Mrs. Ayrish-Booysen, our Media Specialist. Currently, we have over 300 library books not returned. If you received a notice, please help us get these books collected.
- Tuesday is Field day for students who have qualified. There will be games outside, a dunk tank, and an opportunity for students to get their yearbook signed. The weather forecast does not look great, but we are hoping it will hold off and allow for a great day enjoying friends. Field day lasts two periods for each grade. Students who did not qualify will be supervised in a classroom during the 90 minutes.
- Please do NOT allow your student to bring anything unusual to school that could create a disruption or potentially unsafe environment. Any major misbehavior could extend into next school year, depending on the severity.
- Both Wednesday AND Thursday will be early release days. Students will be dismissed at 12:50.
Students of the Month
Many students were nominated by staff members for this special recognition. The students below were the voted by staff to represent their grade. We are very proud of these students for working hard daily to learn and grow.
Students of the Week
Please join us in congratulating the students below having been recognized by teachers as doing their best and demonstrating good character!
Staff members nominate colleagues for a variety of reasons, such as going above and beyond for the school or a student, or possibly just being there in a time of need. Below are the staff recently selected for recognition as Gamble Go-Getters!
Stingray Fever Winners
This week’s stingray fever winners are: Ava Works, Tristan Eastridge, and Melanie Patterson. Note that students observed doing the right things throughout the week may be given a ticket, which they place in a box to be eligible for the weekly drawing.Congratulations students!
The Gamble yearbook is a completely student generated book. The students take the photos, design the theme, and create the digital layout. The theme for this year is “Make Your Mark” created by Ryley Watkins. Yearbook will be distributed to the school Monday, May 22nd. During Field Day Tuesday, May 23, students will have an opportunity to have their classmates sign their yearbook. Below are some pictures from the recent Yearbook party enjoyed by students having been part of this year's creation.
We had a wonderful awards program for qualifying 8th graders last Thursday, May 11. Both turnout and energy were high. Students were five reasons for recognition:
- All A's in the first 3 quarters
- All A's or B's in the first 3 quarters
- Academic achievement in a specific content area
- Meritorious accomplishments earned by demonstrating growth or exemplary character in a specific class
- Athletic accomplishment in a school-sponsored sport
We are still in need of filling a few teaching positions for next school year. If you know someone who has been considering moving to the area and would be great for our kids, please have them contact Mr. Wilson if they are qualified to teach Spanish or Exceptional Needs (i.e. students with learning, intellectual or emotional disabilities). They may email Mr. Wilson at email@example.com