Divine Providence School
January 6, 2022 Home and School Connection
REMINDER- students may not message or receive messages during the school day on their device.
Important COVID Update
**New updated guidance emailed to families on January 9, 2022**
At the end of 2021, the Archdiocese emailed families with the new COVID guidance from the CDC that would be followed. I would like, however, to clarify what this means.
If your child has tested positive or has someone living in your home with them that has tested positive, we need to report this and will give you the date they can return. Please use this form. The form can also be found on our school website and there will be a button for the remainder of the year in each update to access it.
CDC 5-day Isolation/ Quarantine Guidance
The CDC defines fully vaccinated individuals as those who:
- have received a booster of vaccine, OR
- have completed the primary series of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine within the last 6 months, OR
- have completed the primary series of J&J vaccine within the last 2 months.
If a student or family member tests positive
Please fill out the COVID form. Regardless of vaccination, the following must be followed:
A positive must isolate for 5 days
- If they are experiencing symptoms, day 1 starts the day after symptoms begin.
- If the do not have any symptoms, day 1 starts the day after they had the positive test administered
Regardless of how an individual is feeling, they must complete the entire 5 day isolation and must wear a mask around others for the next 5 days.
The positive individual must be fever free (without medication) for 24 hours before leaving isolation. If a positive person is still experiencing symptoms after day 5, they must isolate for another entire 5 days. A negative test is not necessary before leaving isolation, as some individuals may test positive longer, but not be contagious.
If the positive person cannot isolate for the entire time, then your child may be considered a complicated quarantine. In order to keep everyone safe, they mat need to quarantine longer than usual.
Here is more information on what a close contact is.
If a vaccinated individual is a close contact with a positive individual:
Please fill out the COVID form
- There is no need to quarantine at home as long as the vaccinated individual is not symptomatic. The vaccinated individual must wear a mask around others for 10 days after exposure.
- Testing is recommended 5 days after exposure OR if symptoms develop
If an unvaccinated individual is a close contact with s COVID-19 positive person:
Please fill out the COVID form
- The individual must quarantine at home for 5 days and continue to wear a mask around others for 5 more days.
- Testing is recommended 5 days after exposure OR if symptoms develop.
School Administration has the final determination the date a child can return to school.
These are continuously subject to change. We will give you as much notice as possible.
Last night we received updated guidance from the Archdiocese stating that we should not host meetings which include food and beverage until further notice. Thus, we are postponing the pancake breakfast scheduled for January 30, 2022. I will look for an opportunity to host the breakfast when conditions allow.
In addition, the scheduled sacramental preparation meetings will now be held via Zoom. Thank you for your continued patience.
Confirmation Parent Meeting
This is a reminder that the Confirmation Meeting for Parents, Sponsors and Candidates is this Coming Sunday, January 9, 2022 from 11:30AM - 1:00PM via Zoom.
Contact Sister Christine with any questions or concerns. firstname.lastname@example.org
Is your child vaccinated for COVID-19?
Please email to email@example.com
We have also spaced out the Mayfair room so that students are sitting 2 at each table. Previously we had 3 at a table. 2 at a table will give students more distance from each other when they are unmasked.
Students were reminded today that it is their responsibility to keep their clean, dry mask on at all times and that the mask must be worn properly. They were also reminded of social distancing when walking around the school. Teachers were asked to use space in their room to distance students, and we maintain that they keep at least 3 feet get distance between students and they must be masked.
At the beginning of the year, a parent pledge was sent home and signed by all the families in our school. Please review this with your child. The parent pledge can be found here.
Handing on the Faith with Deacon Hudzik
Traveling out of state? We need to know**...
Domestic travelers to an “Orange state” on the Chicago Emergency Travel Order mapmust adhere to:
- 10-day quarantine upon return OR
- Pre-arrival negative test (within 72 hours prior to return arrival to the state) with strict masking, physical distancing and avoidance of in-person gatherings (separate from school attendance). Any test administered by a 3rd-party is sufficient; however, a self-administered test is not acceptable. Archdiocesan schools should accept any negative test prior to school attendance including tests upon return to the state.
**Please watch your email as this may be subject to change
Click here to subscribe to the weekly Newsletter from the Archdiocese of Chicago Catholic Schools Office
Know someone who needs assistance?
There are many reasons people may need help right now. Maybe it's job loss or illness. Whatever the reason for the need, the Society of St. Vincent De Paul can help.
If you, or anyone you know, could use some help, please call the Divine Infant Rectory 708-865-8071 or the Divine Providence Rectory 708-562-3364
All information is kept strictly confidential.
Phone Number for Extended Care (To call or text during extended care hours) 773-682-6196
Lunch Menu *
1/7 - Salisbury Steak
1/10 - BBQ Meatball Sub
1/11 - Cheesy Flatbread
1/12 - Cheeseburger
1/13 - Southwest Chicken & Rice Bowl
1/14 - NO LUNCH- 11:30 dismissal
1/17 - (NO SCHOOL)
1/18 - Southwest Queso Cheesy Pull Aparts
1/19 - Pizza Dippers
1/20 - Strawberry Yogurt with Granola
1/21 - Korean Meatballs
1/24 - Italian Cheese & Garlic Cheesy Pull Aparts
1/25 - Mini corn dogs and pretzel bites
1/26 - Chicken Parmesan Sand.
1/27 - Soft Tacos
1/28 - Cheesy Flatbread
1/31 - Chicken Nuggets
* Subject to change, please see the note below from FSP, our lunch supplier.
Divine Providence Staff 2021-2022
Please CLICK HERE for the faculty for 2021-2022