UT - Engineering Your World
Engineering Design and Problem Solving - 2nd Period
Unit 5: Safer Buildings Earthquake
Students use the EDP to redesign a building for improved safety in an earthquake-prone region. Through three rounds of building and testing models and analyzing data, students learn about the challenges of working with data to make and defend design decisions while considering trade-offs among competing customer needs.
Lesson 5.8 -
- Modify buildings (or construct new ones) to test assigned variable
- Collect and analyze variable data
- Reflect on variable performance
- Apply the Six Thinking Hats process to select a final design
- Which design should we choose?