DMS Weekly Opportunities
January 11, 2016
This Week: Jeans and Career Day
This week we have our Annual 8th Grade Career Day on Friday. This is a fun and special event for our students. We have over 50 speakers volunteering their time and this is a huge undertaking to do well! Kudos to Dr. Parker for leading her committee and for all the support Ms. Johnson and the PTO have given to pull this off. Part of setting this day a part is that our 8th graders "dress professionally" and as staff members we join them. Since Friday is our regular jeans Spirit Day, we will move that to this Thursday. Dr. Parker is inviting us to wear College Shirts again to set the tone for Career Day! Thank you for dressing professionally on Friday to support Career Day and to make a good impression for all of our visitors.
Thinking back to last Monday....are you remembering to purposefully plan to incorporate discussion protocols into your daily lessons? Take a risk and try something new this week!
| || |
Ask Tim Feges about this!
Congratulations to Mr. Feges for completing 100 miles...can you believe it?
Stand Up - Hand Up - Pair Up / Discussion Support to Try!
- Teacher says, when I say go, you will "stand up, hand up and pair up". Teacher pauses and then says, "GO."
- Students stand up and keep one hand up in the air until they find a partner. Students do a high five and put their hand down.
- Teacher may ask a question or give an assignment, and provides think time.
- Partners interact.
Events This Week:
- Wednesday both boys teams have a home BB game against FCMS.
- Thursday is jeans day.
- Friday is Career Day (Dress Professionally)
- Friday is a Homework Blackout Day!
- Monday is a Holiday! Woohoo!