Team News 1.20
Daring Greatly in Faith, Academics, & Service for SMCS
Week 3 of 2020. Channeling Dr. King!!
Today as we celebrate Dr. King and his legacy of fighting with words, God's love and justice for civil rights, how will you channel your inner Dr. King? You got this!!
NEED YOUR QUARTER 2 Mission in Action Awardees
We will do Quarter 2 Honor Roll, Mission in Action at PTC. I will also give out Middle School NWEA reports and 8th-grade HSPT results at PTC.
Send me name and reason why--specific example!
PTC MEETING AGENDA
6:15PM Opening Prayer
CSW Committee to Pump up and Explain events of the week.
PTC Events (PTC Committee)
PTC Helpers (PTC Committee)
PTC Business (PTC Committee)
Salazar: Catholic Life, Enrollment for 2020, BIG REVEAL OF SURPRISE!!
Awards (Cortez and Salazar, Homeroom Teacher to come up for Awards)
Reminders and Updates
- Make-ups for NWEA will be this week for absences and I will finish 1st grade and Kinder Fluency on Wednesday AM.
- See the Roar for the Catholic Schools Week list put together by our team committee. They will get an email out to you of what to do when.
- PTC on Thursday! Please be there. I have signed up people for certain things below! See agenda.
- 8th Grade will be testing on Wednesday for PSAT in the Cafeteria from 8AM to 11AM. Please keep all students quiet when traveling in the halls.
This Week's Scheduled Interruptions/Off Campus/Subbing
Tuesday, Jan 21:
9AM: Ms. Molly out, return in the afternoon.
Ms. Salazar @ Principals Meeting, Back on Campus after. Mrs. Boehme to take 7th to the library.
Ms. Sheila out at 11:30AM to 3PM. Ms. Vilma to come in early.
1:45PM: Mrs. Cortez off
Wednesday, Jan. 22:
8:30AM 1st Grade Fluency NWEA, In groups of 10. Kinder make ups after if time or in afternoon.
Ms. Johnson out 8AM to 12PM, Mrs. Medina to sub.
Ms. Brooks out, Ms. Sheila to sub with Ms. Sally. Getting aid support for Ms. Buckner. Ms. Lori and Ms. Rosa for Morning Care.
Thursday, Jan. 23:
7AM to 8:30AM: Ms. Lori out. Mrs. Brooks and Ms. Rosa for Morning Care.
ALL--PTC MEETING, Arrive by 5:45PM and meet in the lounge.
Ms. Buckner to leave at 1:30PM for Dr. Appointment. Ms. Sheila to sub.
FRIDAY: Coach Garcia out, Ms. Julie to sub.
Ms. Lilli hosting a rehearsal with choir students after Mass---students will be representing St. Monica at Good Shepherd to recruit for 2020-2021 school year enrollment.
SUNDAY: All School Mass at 11AM. All to attend. PreK and Kinder please secure readers (can be student with parent)--1st and 2nd reading, gift bearers (at least 3), and families to be door greeters.
If it's not on here, I overlooked your request or did not receive one. Please review carefully and let me know ASAP if I overlooked.
JANUARY Mass Information
Jan 24 Middle School
ALL SCHOOL MASS SUNDAY, JANUARY 26: All School Mass, Catholic Schools Week, PREK and KINDER to sponsor
Jan 31 4th grade
Please always confirm readers and begin practicing with them by Tuesday. Please email your assignments to Ms. Cortez and Ms. Salazar by Wednesday.
2020 Duty Schedule
Progress Report Quarter 3: Grades complete by Sunday, Feb 9th.
Report Card Quarter 3: Grades and Skill Sets due by March 17 at 7PM.
Progress Report Quarter 4: Grades complete by Sunday, April 19.
8th Grade Report Card: Grades complete by May 22.
Kinder to 7th Grade: Take grades and complete until May 29.
SHOUT OUTS, Special KUDOS this Past Week
- All of you for your support of conferences. From bringing us to food, to meeting with parents back to back, to cleaning the lounge, to sorting reports. I THANK YOU!!!! (and so do our parents!)
- Middle school and 3rd/4th for your patience and support of testing by letting us borrow your tech.
- Mrs. Johnson for coming to school, today, Monday as our PTC rep to plan our meeting with our PTC on Thursday! THANK YOU for repping our teachers and keeping us grounded.
- SO MUCH MORE GRATITUDE---all the little things you do each minute that never go noticed publicly and keep us glued together and firmly rooted in CHRIST.
I NEED YOUR HELP! I don't see everything on campus. At least every other week, could you text me or email me or tell me in the hall, something awesome one our team members did? I'd like to make it public.