Eastside Dream Builders
Eastside Elementary Parent Newsletter
Week of September 7th, 2020
- Remember! The car rider line is a cell phone free zone! Thank you for being patient with us as we fine-tune our car rider drop off and pick up! This week as you drop your children off in the morning please make sure you are pulling all the way up to the car in front of you! Since you are screening your children at home you may give us a thumbs up and then your child may exit the car. They do not have to wait for a staff member to open the door for them! Hopefully, this will speed up our drop off. Car rider drop if will begin at 7:25.
- Instruction begins at 7:40 and the tardy bell rings at 7:50. If you arrive past 7:50 please walk your child to the doors so you can sign them into the office.
- 3-5 parents, your child is provided with 3 masks by the district! We are noticing that some bus riders are forgetting to bring their masks each day! Please remind your child to bring a mask for bus riders!
- You may send a water bottle to school with your child and they may refill it at our touchless water refilling station.
- Parents will be able to come eat lunch with their child at our outdoor pavilion. Lunch times: 4th grade 10:30-11:00, 1st grade 11:00-11:30, 3rd grade 1:30-12:00, Kindergarten 12:00-12:30, 2nd grade 12:30-1:00, 5th grade 1:00-1:30.
- Please return any beginning of the year paperwork you may have received from your child's teacher.
- Information about the school day and the district's response to COVID-19 can be found here.
- The updated school calendar for the 2020-2021 school year can be found here
Please complete the census to help our schools and community! https://2020census.gov/
Breakfast and Lunch Family Information Form
Counselor Corner with Mrs. Hogg
Word of the month for September is FLEXIBLE. We appreciate everyone being flexible as we continue on our path of building dreams at Eastside! Have a great week!
SAVE THE DATES
September 7th - Labor Day (no school)
September 8th-11th - Kindergarten through 2nd grades MAP testing
September 10th-Virtual volunteer training
September 29th-Fall picture day