1.10,000 to 15,000 live females births and in all racial and ethnic groups worldwide.
2. genetic disorder, less than 1 percent of recorded case are inherited or passed from generation to the next.
3. it is a neurodevelopmental disorder.
4. dr. Andreas Rett, an Austrian physician who first described it in a journal article in 1966.
5. causes a single gene mutation that leads to underproduction of an important brain protein.
6. every 90 minutes a little girl is born with Rett syndrome.
7. between 6 and 18 months of age.
8. when boys develop the Rett syndrome, they die shortly after birth. because boys only have 1X chromosome.
9. affects the ability to speak, walk, eat, and breath easily.
10. causes seizures during their life.
charts and graphs