2022-2023- August Update
From The Principal
Good evening on the last day of July!
We are so excited and ready for our Collins Cobras to join us for the 22-23 school year.
In this update you will find:
- Meet the teacher reminders
- Student Meals update
- PTO - spirit shirts on sale now - volunteers needed for orientation
- Dress Code Reminders - with Visual Reminder Presentation
- New Student Orientation Presentation Link
- New 22-23 Student Handbook Link
- Robotics Club Information and Application (Due Aug 19th 4 PM)
We look forward to see you at Meet the Teacher in the coming days!
Wishing you all the best,
We have adjusted the start time of the 6th date on Aug 4th. Our teachers will be coming from all over the district from trainings. Moving the start time by 30 min allows our teachers to safely get back to campus & meet their wonderful new families.
- The day of the Meet and Greet you will receive a welcome email from your child's homeroom teacher.
- When you and your child arrive to the event you will visit your child’s Learning Community and meet their homeroom teacher.
- School supplies (if ordered on-line) will be in the homeroom class along with a daily schedule. PTO will be available to answer questions about PTO membership, Friends of Collins, and on-line Spirit Wear sales for the upcoming school year.
- Fine Arts and PE teachers will be present to answer questions you may have about those programs.
- If you are unable to attend, your child will receive everything he or she needs on the first day of school. We are very excited about the new school year and looking forward to meeting you and your child.
Meals No Longer Free for All Students in the 2022-2023 School Year
- Federal waivers providing Free meals for all students the last 2 years have now expired
- Parents must complete an application for students to be eligible for Free or Reduced meals
- The online free and reduced application opens July 20, 2022. www.myschoolapps.com
The Federal program providing free lunch for all students has ended.
Students who are in need of breakfast/lunch support will need to apply for Free and Reduced breakfast/lunch. Parents can apply online for Free and Reduced meals beginning July 20, 2022 at www.myschoolapps.com
Each year you have to apply for free and reduced meals. The program does not automatically roll over. Students without a new application will be removed from the Free and Reduced program September 21st.
2022-2023 Breakfast Meal Prices
o Student Breakfast $2.00
o Student Reduced Breakfast $0.30
2022-2023 Lunch Meal Prices
o Student Lunch $3.20
o Student Reduced Lunch $0.40
- The school store is LIVE! Click below to purchase your brand new 2022-2023 school shirt. You call also purchase your PTO Membership. All preordered shirts are TAX FREE and will be delivered to your child's classroom before Meet the Teacher. https://collinspto.membershiptoolkit.com/Collins_Store
- Lastly, while on Toolkit, you can also join the PTO.
- The funds from membership dues go directly to support our students and staff with items such as Chromebooks, software licensing, staff development, musical instruments, PE equipment, staff appreciation meals, and more.
Please see the link below to order items through Membership Toolkit. When you first get on toolkit, please remember to assign the homeroom teacher for your student(s). This will make delivery of items easier and faster. If you have any problems in Membership Toolkit, please contact the Membership Toolkit Chair at CollinsPTOToolkit@gmail.com .
Stay tuned for more PTO information and updates to come!
A Reminder About Dress Code
As you begin to make clothing purchases for school this coming year, please keep these items in mind. This is not the full dress code - but should assist you with summer shopping.
- Spandex clothing, yoga pants and leggings are to be worn under other outerwear that cover the mid part of the body and approach the knee.
- Halter-tops, muscle shirts, and spaghetti-straps tops are not permitted unless covered by another shirt.
- Midriff shirts, or shirts exposing the midsection of the body, are not permitted.
- It is suggested that Make-up/cosmetics not be worn and make-up/cosmetics will not be applied at school.
- Pants/shorts may not be worn lower than undergarments.
- Students who choose to wear shorts to school must wear them so that they approach a student's knees.
- Flip flops may not be worn during P.E. classes.
- Dresses, skirts and shorts should be of appropriate length (approach a student's knees) and tights should accompany shorter dresses, skirts or shorts.
Presentation from July 28th Orientation
Is your student interested in Robotics? Do they like working with a team to complete coded robot missions? Does presenting research peak their interest?
To apply for the Collins Intermediate School Robotics Team, (we are limited to 10members), parents and applicant need to complete the contract information on the online form using the link below. teacher reference letter/email, and possible interview with Collins robotics coach will be the deciding factors for selecting members for the FLL club.
All students that are interested must apply for the Collins Robotics Club even if they were on the Collins Robotics Club the previous year or on another FLL club at a different CISD Campus. Deadline to submit an application is August 19th at 4:00 PM
Cobra Council is a group of students that learn leadership skills through team building sessions and community service. Students will also share their feedback and ideas for Collins Intermediate. Cobra Council will lead and be a part of student spirit events, such as the College Park High School Homecoming Pep Rally and Cobrafest, as well as coming up with other small events throughout the year. Finally, students will participate in a variety of community service projects. Projects this year will include, however not limited to, Interfaith Food Bank Food drive and the College Park High School Scholarship Program.
If you are interested in being a part of this prestigious leadership organization, be on the lookout for the online application that will be sent out the first week of school in our Cobra Cadence Newsletter.
Times To Remember...
- 8:50 AM—4:00 PM
- Students may enter the building by 7:45 AM (Please enter 5th grade side door)
- 6th Lunch A: 11:50 AM - 12:20 AM
- 5th Lunch B: 12:10 AM- 12:40 PM
- 5th Lunch C: 12:30 PM. - 1:00 PM
- 6th Lunch D: 12:50 PM - 1:20 PM
- 8:00 AM—4:30 PM
- 3:25 PM Calls to change transportation will end
- 3:35 PM Early check out of students will end
- 3:20 PM Cones for car rider dismissal will be set - cars for early pick up will not fit in front parking area
- 3:50 PM First Flight (7 cars) will move forward to cones
- 4:00 PM Flights 1 and 2 dismissed
- Dismissed after car dismissal begins; 1. Bikers 2. More Car Flights 3. Neighborhood walkers (parents should not be parked in neighborhoods to pick up children - please use YMCA parking lot) 4. YMCA walkers (crossing guard provided for students)
Are You Following Us?
Collins Twitter Account
Collins Facebook Account
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner. For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.