Shaw Sundog Newsletter Vol 23.22
Quote of the Week: 1/23-1/27
Activities Kicking Off
- K-1 cooking club launched this week and runs Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Volleyball for 4th & 5th grade kicked off this week.
- Girls Who Code is still rocking and rolling as is Science Olympiad and Battle of the Books.
- Soaring Sundogs is still happening on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Robotics club kicked off for 4th & 5th grade.
- Moring Movers is still clipping right along.
The Sundogs work hard on their math facts, striving to earn Math Master status, sign that coveted Wall of Fame, and receive their Math Master dog tag.
Math Masters are earned by:
Kindergarten: Writing #'s 1-20 without any reversals and counting to 100
1st Grade: Finishing addition fluency
2nd Grade: Finishing subtraction fluency
3rd Grade: Finishing multiplication fluency *earns a MM T-shirt*
4th Grade: Finishing division fluency
5th Grade: Long division
Congratulations to this week's Math Masters!
Ava Courson- kindergarten math master
Stella Chauncey- kindergarten math master
Ethan Ninh- 5th grade math master
Maxx Blaylock- 5th grade math master
Virtue of the Week
We focus on one virtue each week and emphasize that virtue throughout the week. Students will earn Sundog Tickets when they exhibit the week's virtue. Feel free to discuss this virtue with your child at home and find ways to acknowledge when s/he exhibits the virtue.
Students of the Week
End of Day Protocols
Additionally, we will not call into classrooms to pull students for early pick-up between 3:30-3:45; too chaotic of a time. Again, thank you of your cooperation and understanding with us.
Mark Your Calendar
- Tue, 1/31: Music and 2nd Grade Field Trip to see Tarzan 9:30am
- Wed, 2/1: 2nd Grade Lunch w/ Loved One
- Wed, 2/1: Bodle 4th Grade Field Trip to Wasilla Pool
- Thur, 2/2: Love & Logic for Parents 5:00-6:30pm
- Fri, 2/3: Miller 4th Grade Field Trip to Wasilla Pool
- Fri, 2/10: PK & Kindergarten 100th day celebration
- Mon, 2/13: 5th Grade Field Trip Ice Skating 11:15am
- Thur, 2/16: Spelling Bee
- Thur, 2/23: 2nd Grade Dental Presentations 12:30pm
- Fri, 2/24: Parent Teacher Conferences, No School for students
- Wed, 3/1: Music Field Trip to Wizard of Oz 11:30-2:00
- Fri, 3/3: Family Sledding Title 1 Event *weather permitting
- Thur, 3/9: Q3 Ends
- Fri, 3/10: Teacher Work Day, No School Students
- Sat, 3/25: Science Olympiad District Competition