The Weekly STEAM Blast
STEAM Academy at McCluer South-Berkeley High School
STEAM High Important Dates: Mark your Calendars
- 1/18 - No School, MLK Jr. Day
- 1/19 - B DAY for the First Day of 2nd Sem.
- 1/19 - Sem. 2 Begins
- 1/21 - Virtual NHS Induction for Newly Selected NHS Members, 6 PM
STEAM High UPDATED Sem. 2 A/B Rotation 20-21
How to report a STEAM High Absence or a Student Technical Difficulty: NEW EMAIL, firstname.lastname@example.org
Send an email documenting the absence
- Send an email to this address: email@example.com
- Include your student's First and Last Name
- The date(s) of the absence
- The reason for your student's absence
Alternatively, Call MR. RAY
- 314.506.9813 with attendance and/or technical difficulty reports
#DutifulDecember Raffle Winners
Congratulations to Tamia Neely, Matthew Benz, William Bostic, Andrea Pool, Aaron Jenkins, Martel Coleman, Jerrion Lee and Elias Silas! Mrs.Moore was on prize patrol today rewarding the winners for our #DutifulDecember raffle!
The Top 2 Teacher Awards go to: Audra Hartwell and James Muth!!!
STEAM Athletics - General Information: A 13 Minute Video Overview by Mr. Grogan, our Athletic Director
Students - Do You Need Extra Help? Connect with your Teacher/Canvas for the ZOOM Links
Family Members: Watch the below 2 Min. Tutorial Video on How to Check Assignments in TylerSIS
STEAM High Seniors - A Special Senior STEAM Blast Segment with Updates and Announcements
Seniors, review your Class of 2021 Canvas Page for Complete Senior updates
Connect with Mrs. Julie Williams, your Senior Sponsor, with inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- See below for an announcement about Senior Portraits at Wagner, details coming soon!
- See below an introductory letter from Herff-Jones, our senior supply company!
- See below for details about our first STEAM High Graduation - Congratulations Class of 2021!
Congratulations Class of 2021!
Wagner Portrait Group is the official Senior Photographer of STEAM Academy and to be pictured in the yearbook, you must have your picture photographed by Wagner Portrait Group.
Questions? Wagner is happy to help! 314-567-5900 or 1-800-444-7986 www.wagnerportraitgroup.com
Herff Jones Welcome Letter
Welcome to senior year! Though it may seem like graduation is a long way away, preparation for the big day starts now. As your school’s official graduation provider, I want to make sure that every senior can celebrate their achievements in their own special way. The graduation process starts with these three easy steps.
1. Provide your contact and Cap & Gown sizing information at Herff.ly/comtactinfo or text CONTACT to 70934. Please note providing this information does NOT constitute as placing an order.
2. You may view our digital catalogs for senior items, class rings and jewelry at herffjones.com/catalogs/
3. Place your order anytime at highschool.herffjones.com
for your cap & gown unit, announcements, senior apparel, class rings and jewelry. Don’t wait. Order now! For ordering assistance, please contact us 877.643.4230 or e-mail email@example.com.
Congratulations Class of 2021! I look forward to celebrating with you this Spring!
Oh - Happy STEAM High Birthdays!!!
- 1/12 Aigner Boure'
- 1/14 Irene Kidd
- 1/16 Demond Strong
- 1/16 Venivian Boone
STEAM High Daily Schedule
Tinkerers and Creators! Email Ms. Johnson today @ firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining the Rube Goldberg Small Machines Club!
Current RUBE GOLDBERG Challenge Announced!
UPDATED FOOD DELIVERY ROUTES: Click Below
STEAM High Scholars: Follow these Steps to Join Classes
- Follow your schedule in TylerSIS
- Log into your teacher's classes in Canvas and Zoom - through Clever
- Use the trouble shooting guide below if you have trouble logging in
- Attend every class, participate, and make it a great year!
Trouble logging into ZOOM?
STEAM High SPIRIT WEAR Available Now!
Shop our online spirit wear store and obtain some of the fresh new pieces for 2020-2021! Once school resumes select Fridays will be designated for Spirit Wear and you can show your Bulldog Pride! Meanwhile a comfy Bulldog Sweatshirt may be the perfect item to wear during your synchronous/live virtual learning classes this fall. The above picture is only a portion of the item offered and more pieces will be added as the year progresses.
SENIORS c/o 2021 - This is your special year! There are a few selections exclusively for YOU! We will work with the company to add more as you select a senior logo and theme.
Fischer's is the STEAM High Uniform Source: SHOP ONLINE!
For STEAM High School only, two additional options are available for next year, a 1/4 Zip Sweatshirt (navy) embroidered with the STEAM High Crest, and a V-Neck Cardigan Sweater (navy) embroidered with the STEAM High Crest.
The purchase of STEAM High Blazers is currently suspended due to COVID-19 safety concerns. STEAM High Blazers and STEAM High PE Uniform requirements in school will be suspended until COVID-19 safety concerns subside.
When you go online to make your purchase, there is a RED 10% Off Button on the main page, explaining how 10% will be reduced from online orders. Please read more about their process on that page.
If you have questions regarding uniform requirements or need uniform assistance, please contact me or Ms. Walbridge with inquiries:
How to Complete a Work Permit
Underage students get a work permit by accessing the document from the state website: https://labor.mo.gov/DLS/YouthEmployment/work_cert_permit
They send the principal a copy of the work permit form (that they have partially completed) via email.
The Principal completes the bottom portion of form and sends the form back to them via email.
They present the completed form to the employer for processing.
20-21 School Year: NEW Vaccination Requirements
Tdap vaccine will be required for all students enrolled in 8th through 12th grades who have completed the recommended childhood DTap/DTP (diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis) vaccinations series. If a student received a Tdap booster the student is up to date. Tdap is currently licensed for a one dose only; an additional dose is not needed.
Meningococcal Conjugate (MCV) vaccine will also be required for all students entering 8th through 12th grades.
8th, 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students will be required to have one dose of MCV vaccine. The dose must be given after 10 years of age.
12th grade students will be required to have two doses of MCV unless the first dose was administered to a student who was 16 years of age or older, in which case only one dose is required.
The backside of this letter lists the 2020-2021 Missouri school immunization requirements. Take this document to your physician or health provider to ensure that all immunizations are up to date for your child’s 2020-2021 school enrollment.
Students not in compliance with Missouri school immunization requirements will be excluded from school until verification of compliance is on file with the school.
STAY CURRENT - KNOW YOUR RESOURCES
7 Mindsets: Corona Virus Resources
7 Mindsets: Corona Virus Units 1 & 2 for High School Students
Announcing: The Mrs. Dorothy Morice STEAM High Uniform Scholarship Fund
As a tribute to Ms. Morice, STEAM High and the Morice Family has established the Mrs. Dorothy Morice Uniform Scholarship Fund. This fund will be utilized via an application process to assist students and families with STEAM High Uniform Requirements.
STEAM High Messaging: What to Expect and When
Emails going to spam?
Download the district APP on your phone for immediate notification of district messaging.
Dr. Jane Crawford, Principal
Mr. Jeffrey Tandler, Assistant Principal
Ms. Rayna Blackshear, School Counselor
The STEAM Team - Teacher Email Addresses
- Liz Carron: email@example.com
- Tom Fontana: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patricia Palliser: email@example.com
- Malinda Baker: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rhonda Johnson: email@example.com
- Kelli Pinsky: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah Winstead: email@example.com
- Elly Rock: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hannah Jackson (Falconer): email@example.com
- Zachary Rhodes: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marc Manning: email@example.com
- Julie Williams: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anthony Ruffus: email@example.com
- Juanita Gurski: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yvonne Bonner: email@example.com
Missouri College Advising Coor. (MCAC)
- Nick Jones: firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructional Support Leader
- Dr. Jeffrey Leonard: email@example.com