October 16, 2020
leave a legacy week is here!
Please remind your children to wear their masks and/or face coverings correctly all throughout the school day. This has been the main factor in us preventing the spread of any germs!
Make sure the face coverings you send with your child fit properly and do not fall off or squeeze their face too tight.
We have had many students forget their masks. Please try to keep a spare mask, in a baggie, in your child's backpack at all times for emergencies like a forgotten mask or a mask that gets dirty or lost.
If your child rides the bus, remind him/her that face coverings are required at all times while on the bus.
Thank you for helping us keep healthy so that we can stay in school!
- The Hoover City Schools Foundation was established in 1992 to bridge the gap between increasingly limited public school funding, and the growing needs of our students and teachers.
- The Foundation has invested in grants in our school system for decades, and on behalf of all of us at the Hoover Board of Education, I want to thank those in our community for "Committing to 36" - representing $1 for each week of school.
- New this year is an option to make your donation on myschoolfees.com. The Riverchase Career Connection Center has this option under their public fees or simply visit https://hoovercsf.org/ and make your tax-deductible donation today!
kids mercedes marathon
february 20, 2021
The Kids Mercedes Marathon is a HUGE deal in the Greystone P.E. department and school wide as well!! We average around 150 students running in this event each year. Many of them started participating in Kindergarten. Greystone is going to be a participant this year. We will be making a few changes. I have listed the few changes that are necessary for this year's run.
* All runners must register online.
* Runners must keep their own running log and all running for the Kids Marathon will be done at home under parent supervision. Students will not run their required 25.2 miles at school this year.
* Runners may turn in their running log to me or Coach Rand or turn into the Mercedes office. Information regarding this is on their website.
* During January look for all updated information regarding packet-pick-up.
If you would like to register go online to mercedesmarathon.com. Click on races, scroll down to Kids Marathon. The deadline to register is November 15, 2020.
Please let me and Coach Rand know that you are participating in the Kids Marathon. We are still putting our "running tennis shoe" with your name on the wall. We would love to be your biggest cheerleader while you are running your miles from now until you run your last mile on February 20.
Happy Running! Leta Hoit (email@example.com)
If you need any help, contact Mrs. Richey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 205-439-3242.
Mark Your Calendars
October 16 - End of 1st nine weeks!
October 19 - 23 - Leave a Legacy Fundraiser!
October 21 - 1st Wednesday back in school!!
October 21 - Report Cards come home
October 22 - PTA Board Meeting Virtual - 10:00 - Meet: https://meet.google.com/yxg-fevx-bfn
October 26 - 30 - Red Ribbon Week
November 2 - 13 - Oak Mountain Missions Drive
November 3 - School Picture Day!
Our Greystone Motto
Learn - Lead - Leave a Legacy
Our Greystone Mission
As a school community, we empower learners, inspire leaders, and encourage all children to reach their potential.
Our Greystone Vision
Empowering a generation of learners and leaders to leave a legacy.