MARCH 23, 2018
Sign up early to get the session that best fits your schedule. *Morning classes are 8:15 to 11:00, Tues.-Fri. *Afternoon classes are 12:00-2:45, Tues.-Fri.
To register, complete these forms and return to Sue at the West Elementary Office.
- Drop off or mail to: 306 S. Park Lane, Knoxville, IA 50138
- Email: Sue.Kauzlarich@kcsd.k12.ia.us
- FAX: 641-842-6029
A parent meeting for incoming preschool students is set for April 24 at 5:30pm & a parent meeting for 2018-2019 kindergarten students will be held at on April 26 at 5:30pm, both at West Elementary.
Questions? Please contact Sue at 641-842-2185 opt. 1
Reminder for Upcoming Online Registration for the 2018-19 School Year
In order to register your child(ren) for school this summer, your JMC username and password is necessary to begin the registration process. If you do not remember login information, please contact your child's school office A.S.A.P. (contact information below). School building offices are closed during the summer, so please them know right away if in need of login information.
JMC is a great source of information to stay up-to-date with your child's academics throughout the school year. Parents can utilize JMC year-round to:
- check progress reports of each child in their household
- view lunch transactions (link to www.payforit.net is available for lunch payments)
- view/print student report cards
- bus information (currently being updated)
- review student health and attendance records
- view/print student transcripts
- verify student schedules and advisors
- verify/update parent/guardian contact information
District FFA results
- Conduct of Meetings team (Tanna Davis, Samara Staton, Justyce Eck, Josie Brooks, Madysen Smith, Kallee Cupples, and Jase Allison) received a silver
- Parli Pro team (Savanna Scott, Maddy Findley, Faith Hatch, Hannah Schakel, Jayette Carter) received a silver
- Brenda Goff received a gold in the Public Speaking contest
- Chapter Program team consisting of Mickayla McGill, Makenzie Varner, and Cole Murphy received 1st gold and advanced to State!
- Nate Finarty and Eli Hamilton both received golds in welding and placed 5th as a team of over 20 teams
- Makenzie Varner and Megan Moore received their Academic Achievement Award
- Mickayla McGill is the 2018-2019 South Central District FFA Vice President
South Central Conference Honors Top 5%
On March 20th at Honey Creek Resort the South Central Conference honored the top 5% of students in the 2018 graduating classes of each school district. Knoxville honored our top 7 students based on RAI score. During the evening students and families were able to hear the keynote speaker David Birchmeier an entrepreneur from Bloomfield, Iowa speak about his path to success. It was a great evening and a great way for the conference to honor students for their academic accomplishments over 13 years of schooling.
February Students of the Month
Students View Screenagers
On March 19th the high school students and staff viewed the classroom version of the movie Screenagers. Following the movie, students and advisors discussed the content of the video and the impact technology has on students and education.
During the evening of March 19th, community was invited to attend the full version of Screenagers.
6th Grade Science
After spending time getting acquainted with some of the vocabulary regarding DNA and genetics, the 6th grade Science students will be making models. Below each type of model they can make is a sample picture of what the models could look like. I ALWAYS say MIGHT LOOK LIKE because every year students use their creative talents to try ideas or things that I did not think of trying. It will be an enjoyable week.
Northstar Spring Concert Night Details
The students will meet in either the vocal or band room and stay there unless they are on stage. We hope that all the students will be there. Please have your child there at least 15 minutes early to make sure they will be lined up with their class. Please keep your child’s coat with you. Your child’s teacher will probably not be there until a half hour before the concert, so if you come earlier you will need to keep your child with you until then. The concerts are all between 25-45 minutes long. Please plan to stay for the whole performance.
At the end of the concert we will be dismissing the students by class from the stage so that everyone can find their parents easily.
- March 26, 2018: 3 Dunkin, 3 Christian
- March 26, 2018: 4 Spriggs, 4 Hardman,
- March 27, 2018: 5 Mrs. Kincaid, 5 Caldwell
- March 26, 2018: 3 Lucas, 3 Wallace, 3 Keller
- March 26, 2018: 4 Splavec, 4 Dingeman, 4 Findley
- March 27, 2018: 5 Hefner, 5 Mr. Kincaid, 5 Rankin
4th Grade Ag in the Classroom
On Thursday, March 8th, the 4th grade class attended Ag in the Classroom at the Vermeer Pavilion in Pella. While there, the students learned about clean fuel, better farming practices, the importance of bees, nutrients in soil, and veterinary practices in rural Iowa. We also had the opportunity to learn about tractor safety and sit in a combine!
NEWS FROM COMMUNITY PARTNERS
Library Change Drive Update
- Northstar Elementary Total $564.10
very close second grade level winners- 5th-$238.44 ice cream provided by Elementary PTO
- High School Total $355.33
- Middle School Total $343.37
- West Elementary Total $272.04
The Library would like to sincerely thank the students, families, staff, administration, and community for their generous support of this fund raising effort. We are currently in the process of moving to our temporary location at 614 East Washington (former East Elementary) and will open there on Monday, March 19. Keep checking our website, www.knoxville.lib.ia.us, for a calendar of programming offerings, summer reading information, and updates on the building project. Our current location should be renovated and expansion should be completed in the spring of 2019, and you can proudly say, “My change brought about this change!"
Knoxville Elementary Yearbook
- Custom Yearbooks: Every student gets a one of a kind printed copy containing two free pages to customize with personal photos.
- Green Yearbooks: TreeRing plants a tree in our school’s name when you purchase a book and prints on recycled paper.
- Beautiful Yearbooks: All yearbooks are gorgeously printed in full color using the highest end print production available
The cost of your personalized yearbook is $18 and the money spent will assist PTO in funding field trips and other items for your children. The final sale date is April 15th and you can customize 2 pages for FREE. If you customize, you’ll receive a standard yearbook and the cost is the same.
YOU CAN PURCHASE AND PERSONALIZE YOUR Northstar & West Elementary YEARBOOK BY CLICKING HERE. Buy one for per child or for your elementary kids to share.
Sarah Adams, Knoxville Elementary PTO
Click on this heading to view the academic calendar for the 2018-2019 school year.