We Are Sailing Through Kindergarten!
March 18th, 2016
- Happy St. Patrick's Day! The leprechaun visited our classroom and it was so exciting! Thank you to the parents who came in and helped us celebrate this fun holiday.
- We celebrated publishing our very own expert books. We shared our books with buddies in our own class, and Ms. Cipriano's class (Mrs. McGahan even made a surprise visit! She loved our books!). What a great way to show off our hard work! We are so proud of ourselves for going through the whole writing process and becoming authors and illustrators. Don't forget to complete the family book review!
Please watch the video below to check out our journey!
Writer's Workshop - Expert Book Video
Things we've learned...
- We continued learning the following high frequency words: are, that, and do. Please review these words with your child at home.
- We learned the following Amazing Words: cook, filthy, fox, lucky, piglet, and scrubber.
- We learned the following letter and sound: Ll.
- In math, we began using tools to describe attributes of objects and comparing objects by length.
Books we've read...
- Rooster's Off to See the World by Eric Carle
- My Lucky Day by Keiko Kosza
- Unlovable by Dan Yaccarino
- The Full Moon at the Napping House by Audrey Wood
Star of the Week
Giavanna was our star student this week. We learned that Giavanna loves to draw and dance. She also loves cereal and the color pink. Great job, Giavanna!
Kindness Counts in K!
If you have not yet had the chance to watch our Great Kindness Challenge video...
check it out below!
check it out below!
School 6 Kindness Challenge
- If your child is absent from school, please send in an absent note the day your child returns. Thank you!
- Please make sure your child’s name is on ALL homework. Please be sure to help your child read the directions carefully and check it when it is complete. Thank you for your continued support at home!
- Please continue to bring your ID with you at dismissal. It is a School #6 policy to always have your ID with you at dismissal. In the event that there is a substitute teacher, you will be required to show identification.
- To see more pictures from our days at School #6, check out our school page on the district website!