1. There is a best time of the day to purchase your airline tickets.
2. You can get really good deals last minute.
3. Book your tickets over a year in advance.
4. Book separate one way tickets rather than buy the round trip.
5. The best way to get low airfares is to shop on an airline's own website, not on the website of an online of an online travel agency.
I decided to go through Expedia to watch the status of my flight.
Below Is a chart of the price findings form day to day. We began watching the prices on September 3, 2015 and finished our study on December 3, 2015.
The starting price was $1,514.50 and when we concluded the price was at $1,197.80.
I have found that over time my flight price has dropped. This disproves the common belief that the farther out you book the cheaper the flight.
November was the cheapest month to buy airline tickets in the portion of my study. October prices ran consistently high.
Also, when i was picking the flight I wanted to study, I found that the number of people you are booking for can effect the price. For example, If you are booking a family of four the price may be more expensive than it would be if you booked twice for two people at a time.