Board Meeting Summary
Glen Ellyn School District 41
February 10, 2020 Regular Board Meeting
Meetings are video streamed live online and the videos are archived on the District website, Click Here.
President Robert Bruno, Vice President Jason Loebach, Secretary Jessica Buttimer, Bruce Currie, Guillermo Guzman, Julie Hill, Ted Estes. Student Board Members: Abigail Herbold and Ashlynn Kousgaard
Superintendent Report | watch
- Superintendent Kaczkowski congratulated and introduced Abraham Lincoln teacher and Educator of the Year Mr. Ryan Ignacio. A video presentation was shared and Mr. Ignacio made remarks about the honor.
- HumaneX Consultant Meeting - Superintendent Kaczkowski shared that she and Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources Marci Conlin met with a representative from HumaneX about the services they offer to facilitate a Board Self-Evaluation process.
- Dr. Kaczkowski attended Parent Camp and presented an idea of how the Board can provide engagement with the community in a similar format.
- The first Strategic Planning Committee meeting will take place this week.
- Benjamin Franklin School Improvement Plan
Principal Jeff Burke presented information about Benjamin Franklin School and shared photos and stories about the students and staff. He presented data about student academic success, staff climate and culture of the school, as well as goals and action plans moving forward. Board members asked questions and shared their excitement about all of the great things happening at Benjamin Franklin. Click here for the presentation.
Discussion | watch
- 2020/2021 School Fees
Assistant Superintendent for Finance, Facilities and Operations Eric DePorter presented proposed fees for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Board Policy Revisions
Dr. Kaczkowski presented policies that were originally shared in January. The policy committee has reviewed and worked on the proposed language changes. Legal Counsel Todd Faulker was present at the meeting and answered Board member questions.
- Board Meeting Rules of Order
The Board has been considering new rules of order. Board member suggestions and edits have been made. They continued to discuss and legal counsel Todd Faulker was present to answer questions.
Action Items | watch
Finance, Facilities and Operations
- School District Payment Order - January 21, 2020 - February 3, 2020
- FOIA Report - January 21, 2020 - February 3, 2020
- January 27, 2020- Regular Meeting Minutes
- January 27, 2020 - Regular Closed Meeting Minutes
(Voted Yes: Bruno, Loebach, Buttimer, Currie, Estes, Guzman, Hill)
Superintendent Recommendations | watch
- Personnel Report
a) Employment Recommendations(Voted Yes: Bruno, Loebach, Buttimer, Estes, Guzman, Hill)
c) Job Share Leave of Absence
(Voted No: Currie)
- Board Meeting Rules of Order - Tabled
Other/Board Governance - Learning Together | watch
- Board Member Norms and Use of Social Media
Monday, February 24, 2020 | Regular Board Meeting, 7:00 p.m.
Monday, March 9, 2020 | Regular Board Meeting, 7:00 p.m.