Park Crest Panther Paper
September 6, 2020
To view this newsletter in languages other than English, please open the document in an internet browser and scroll to the bottom of the page to the “Translate” button.
Para ver este boletín en otro lenguaje que no sea Ingles, por favor abre este mensaje en una página de internet. Baje hasta el fin de la página y oprima el botón “Translate”
Để xem bản tin này bằng các ngôn ngữ ngoài tiếng Anh, vui lòng mở tài liệu trong internet và kéo xuống cuối trang để nhấn nút dịch.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO WELCOMING OUR FACE-TO-FACE LEARNERS ON SEPT. 8!
From September 7-11, parents will have an opportunity to change their choice for the next grading cycle. Watch for information in your child's Skyward account.
Face to Face Technology
Please make sure students bring their charging cords with them for school issued and personal devices each day.
Students may enter classrooms at 8:00 a.m. each day and are considered tardy after 8:10 a.m.
Breakfast in the classroom will begin at 7:50.
All students will be screened with temperature checks.
Parents and students need to wait in their car to see if their child is able to enter the building.
Car riders will be screened and have their temperature checked in the car line before they are allowed access into the building.
The staff member performing the screener will ask a parent to stay should the child not pass the screener.
Students who walk to school will enter through the front doors and will be screened prior to entry.
Any student arriving after 8:10 am will be screened at the front entrance.
Safety and Security - GISD Mask Updates
Any student without a mask will not be allowed into the building
Bandanas, gaiters, or just a face shield without a mask are not acceptable face coverings.
This information can be found on page 24 of the Updated GISD Reopening Guidebook.
- If your student will be bringing a lunch, please be sure to send easy-open items that they will be able to open independently.
- Lunch visitors are not allowed at this time.
- No mid-day drop-off of lunches is allowed at this time. If your student forgets a lunch, they will go through the serving line to receive a lunch.
Commitment Form for 2nd Grading Cycle
FAMILIES WHO DO NOT WISH TO MAKE A CHANGE DO NOT NEED TO FILL OUT THE COMMITMENT FORM AGAIN.
Fall Intersession - Check Skyward to RSVP!
Back to School Forms - Due!
Every year, back-to-school forms ask families to verify or update contact information, select notification preferences, agree to guidelines on acceptable use of technology, etc.
Back-to-School forms for the 2020-21 school year are now available online in Skyward. Please make plans to complete these important forms so staff have the most up-to-date information for your student.
Important: No printed forms will be distributed this year. The entire process will be completed online in Skyward. Please call the school if you need help logging in to Skyward.
Take Advantage of GISD's New Mobile App!
The Garland ISD mobile app can be a very useful tool for parents, providing easy access to important information such as the bus pre-screening form, news, events and more. We would love for all families to take advantage of this valuable resource.
Additional information, including links to download the app, is available at
Exciting Things Happening at Northplace Church, our Partner!
I want to make you aware of many exciting things that Northplace Church is planning for your GISD community:
1. We know that some families are choosing to keep their kids at home this semester due to the concerns of COVID, classroom sizes, etc. We know that thus far, the virtual school has been a great success for the majority of families but there are still some families that have struggled for various reasons. One of them being poor internet connections. In response to these families, Northplace Garland is opening Remote Virtual Classroom (RVC). We are compliant with COVID restriction and maintaining physical distancing and keeping our classrooms very small. We are staffed and parents can drop off their students or do school in our building. Our doors will open from 8 AM - 3 PM, Monday - Friday. If you would like to know more about our RVC please reach out to Mrs. Reynolds, her information is below.
2. In partnership with Dallas County Community Colleges, beginning on Tuesday, October 6th, we will start our Adult Education Program. Every Tues & Thur evening (6 PM - 8 PM) we will offer the following classes, Adult ESL, GED, and El Civics (citizenship preparation). If you might be interested in this program, please reach out to Mrs. Reynolds.
Director, School Care Program
Phone (469) 323-6624
Church Website northplacechurch.com
Important Dates to Remember
7 - Labor Day - No School
7-11 - Suicide Prevention Week
8 - First Day of Face-to-Face Classes
25 - MAP Window Closes
Drug and Alcohol Prevention Month and Anti-Bullying Month
2 - 1st Cycle Ends
5 - Fair Day - students break
6-9 - Fall Intersession
Students have the opportunity to check out library books even while learning at home. Read more in Mrs. Nethaway's newsletter!