Democrat Nominee/ By: Destiny Carter
Professional Background Information
Hillary Clinton has served as secretary of state, senator from New York, first lady of the United States, first lady of Arkansas, a practicing lawyer and law professor, activist, and volunteer,but the first thing her friends and family will tell you is that she’s never forgotten where she came from or who she’s been fighting for.Hillary has also been a politician and a lawyer.
Hillary grew up in a middle-class home in Park Ridge, a suburb of Chicago. Her dad, Hugh, was a World War II Navy veteran and a small-business owner who designed, printed, and sold drapes. Hillary helped with the family business whenever she could.Hugh was a rock-ribbed Republican, a pay-as-you-go kind of guy who worked hard and wasted nothing.Hillary’s mother, Dorothy, had a tough childhood. She was abandoned by her parents as a young child and shipped off to live with relatives who didn’t want to raise her.By age 14, Dorothy knew the only way she’d get by was to support herself, and she started working as a housekeeper and babysitter while she went to high school. Her mother’s experience inspired Hillary to fight for the needs of children everywhere.
After graduating high school, Hillary attended Wellesley College, where she became more involved with social justice activism. By the time she graduated, Hillary had become a prominent student leader—she was elected by her peers to be the first-ever student speaker at Wellesley’s commencement ceremony.After college, Hillary enrolled in Yale Law School, where she was one of just 27 women in her graduating class. While attending Yale, Hillary began dating one of her classmates, Bill Clinton.
Candidate Plan For Presidency
Give working families a raise, and tax relief that helps them manage rising costs.Create good-paying jobs and get pay rising by investing in infrastructure, clean energy, and scientific and medical research to strengthen our economy and growth.Close corporate tax loopholes and make the most fortunate pay their fair share.
Hillary Clinton Speech at the Democratic National Committee Summer Meeting | Hillary Clinton
Hilary Clinton Should Be Our Next President
- As a former secretary of state, U.S. senator, first lady, and a lifelong advocate for women and families, no one is more qualified to be president than Hillary.
- Hillary knows child care, equal pay, and paid leave are fundamental economic issues—not just “women’s issues.”
- Our next president could make multiple appointments to the Supreme Court.
- She’s set a big goal: More than half a billion solar panels installed across the country by the end of her first term.
- She’s set another big goal: To generate enough renewable energy to power every home in America within 10 years of her taking office.