InTheLoop @Lumberton BCS
Week of October 19, 2015
Editor Miss Debbie O'Brien, "Carpe Diem!"
Harvest Festival 2015
This week's Teaching Tool
Quote of the Week!
Stay tuned for things you need to know to plan your days.
1. No student will be paid for work study if they are not in uniform.
2. DON'T FORGET TO: VOTE FOR STAFF OF THE MONTH, UPDATE YOUR GRADEBOOK, TALLY YOUR ABC POINTS!
3. Basketball Team tryouts coming soon! See student tryout list below and see Mr. White for details!
4. Staff Inservice Training TOMORROW with Thomas Stecher and Associates!
5. REMEMBER: ALL SGO's WERE DUE ON OCTOBER 15th! If you have not already done so, turn in your SGO's 1 and 2 ASAP.
6. It's Lumberton Campus Holiday Food Drive time again! Please bring your donations to Ms. Heather!
7.Come to Google Docs training every Wed at 2pm in Miss O'Brien's room. Learn Google and Earn PD hours!
8. On October 26th we will plan for Harvest Feast, celebrate the Staff Member of the Month, and update staff on the ABC program!
9. NJ Safe Schools Training is back. See below for information and accessing your account. Training must be completed before Halloween (October 31st)!
STUDENTS OF THE WEEK!
Week Ending 10-16
Den - Jose Ayala
Ridge – Ruano Mynor
Criteria – “Most engaged in daily learning objectives”
BasketBall Tryouts List
The following students are on the list for Basketball Tryouts!
NJ SAFE SCHOOLS MANDATORY TRAINING
This year we will continue the mandatory professional development trainings through the online portal called NJ Safe Schools.
The link to access the online portal is as follows: http://bcsssd.nj.safeschools.com
The username for each staff member is their district email address.
The expectation is that these trainings will be completed by each staff member prior to October 31, 2015. Mid-year hires are expected to complete the mandatory trainings within 60 days of their start date.
At the conclusion of each course, there will be a short multiple choice quiz. After successfully completing the quiz with a score of 80% or greater, the staff member will be able to print out a certificate of completion, which they can print and upload into the Genesis Employee Portal.
Ms. Mangus would like everyone to know that students who are currently employed and wish to be added to our SLE program should contact her right away!
The follow students were very successful in gaining employment over the summer. Ms. Mangus will be working with their parents, employers and send districts in an effort to move them on to the SLE program.
Culinary Arts Corner
*TEACHERS, PLEASE NOTE:
If students are going to use a voucher for a lunch meal Ms. Heather will need to get the voucher a day in advance so she can prepare for it. Please email Ms. Heather names of students who will be receiving it. Thank you.
* ALSO NOTE: THE LUMBERTON CAMPUS FOOD DRIVE BEGINS TODAY! PLEASE BRING YOUR DONATIONS TO THE CULINARY ARTS OFFICE!
WE ARE CLOSED THIS WEEK DUE TO STUDENT ASSESSMENTS!
NEXT WEEK (WEEK OF OCTOBER 26)
Turkey rice and veggie
Cream of shrimp
Salad – chicken bruschetta
Tuesday- cheese steak quesadilla salsa and rice
Wednesday- meatloaf with baked potato and veggie
Thursday- grilled cheese and tomato soup with chips
Friday- sausage peppers and onion on a torpedo roll with chips
WE ARE CLOSED THE WEEK OF NOVEMBER 2 DUE TO DAYS OFF.
Week of 11/9
Soup – vegetable
Salad – grilled chicken on a garden salad
Tuesday-stuffed pork chops with mashed potato and corn
Wednesday –SCHOOL CLOSED
Thursday-flank steak wrap with chips and a pickle
Friday- pasta with meat sauce garlic bread
We will be closed the remainder of November to do the Harvest Feast and then the Thanksgiving Pie sale.
Friendly Reminders on Incident Reporting:
* For Incident reports: In the subject line, include the student's first initial, last name, and date.
* When signing the report, please sign next to the signature box where you type your name.
*Incident reports are legal documents, and have the potential to become court documents. Please remember to do a spelling and grammar check.
*Submit incident reports by 2:30pm.
* Stick to the facts.
*Our suspension list is now on the Message Board. If a student is suspended, teachers will mark the student as absent, and the office will take care of marking it as a suspension.
*ABC Program: Students who wish to cash in their vouchers for fries in Smitty's Café will have to follow the procedure for requesting a meal (i.e. utilizing a voucher, getting approval and scheduling with Ms. Heather in advance).
Attendance - Books - Conduct
Our foci are Rigor - Relevance - Relationships
Challenge and expect more
Your students need to feel like their brains hurt when leaving your class. Sort of like when you work muscles in the gym and you become sore. Make the work rigorous!
Why should the students be interested in this lesson/activity or project? Make connections that are relevant to their lives.
This is being done well @Lumberton. We know that this piece is critical to reaching the diverse and unique population of students we serve.