BEYOND YOUR BRAIN
- Know your subject. You'll notice more if you understand it.
- Slow down and look outwards. Use mindfulness
- To focus your attention on your surroundings.
- Try something new. Choose an activity that will engage your senses and heighten your awareness.
- Improve your concentration by cutting out distractions. Turn off your phone, log out of social media, or go somewhere quiet where you won't be disturbed.
- Challenge yourself to a mental workout. A smarter, more agile brain will help you to observe with greater insight.
- Test your observation by playing a memory game. Describe a photograph, or list everything in the room you're in right now without looking. And remember, practice makes perfect!
- Record and consider your observations. Go beyond the things you see. Note down the smells and sounds you experience too.
- Stay inquisitive! Question and analyze your observations. Doing this will add value to your work.
The learning experience
The learning you take from this exercise is to understand how important is to observe properly beyond of what your brain easily informs you. Do not make assumptions or suppositions.
When you observe things never things are what you think they are.
1. Contact your Tutor when you will do this exercise
2 After watching the video you have to answer two questions.
3. The first question is to guess what kind of question the Tutor will ask you related to the video.
4. Once answered sent an email to your Tutor and request the Skype meeting to have the second question and make a retrospective of the exercise.