Genia Johnson Dance Company, Inc
The COUNTDOWN is ON! ..... 1 !!
Running out the door for dance class like.......
DaNcE starts TOMORROW !! We can't wait to see you and meet all of our new friends! Here are just a few reminders:
1. Everyone must wear a mask (students & parents) for the check-in/check-out process. Once they are inside and social dis-DANCEd, they may take them off if they/you choose.
2. No food and drinks allowed inside. Only a water bottle with name clearly marked.
3. Label all shoes and masks/jackets etc. with name or, at the least their initials.
4.Please make sure the little ones use the bathroom before they leave the house so the potty breaks during class aren't needed. But, if they are, an assistant or helper can escort them (and even help, if needed) unless we are directed to come get you for help.
5. Parents are not allowed inside at this time. You may wait outside in the parking lots (social distanced of course), take a nap in your cars, walk down and grab a bite at the 526 Grille or Papa Johns.. or go run a quick errand.. whatever you feel comfortable doing.
6. Mrs Haley will have a table and tent located outside the lobby door for any of those that may have questions!
7. Have FUN!! There will be a GJDC backdrop set up outside also for all of those first day pictures! Don't forget to tag us when you post and we may use your picture for our social media and websites!!
Heres a link to a quick video for this week !
(I tried... LOL)
Updated Classroom Schedules - Rooms A, B and C
Were you a former dance student at GJDC and NOW you have a child dancing here !? We'd like to know !! Send us a quick email with the year(s) you danced with us, and dance picture back in the day, and we will add you to a special section on our website with your GJDC Legacy kids!!
(see below for a few)
*Loving our pictures lately? Check out @floralphotova
with our very own Meredith Crocker White
2020 End of Season Fun Week - Comic Book Heroes, LOVE WINS !
Thank you all so much for being so patient with all the videos and pictures! Each class was a little different as we were all working against time away from the studio, missing dancers, social distancing, and summer vacations that were still able to happen.
BUT, WE HAD SO MUCH FUN that week!! If you were able to be there with us, we did pictures, some video, set up a tent and lights and our themed backdrop for pictures!! It wasn't our normal ending to the year, but we were all positive and made the best of it. We appreciate everything the parents did to get them there and have costumes with them so we could make the best of our last week of the 2019-2020 season. Thanks to all the teachers and staff for learning how to become amateur professional photographers (except Meredith.. she's already pretty dang good!) and videographers, learning more about iMovie, YouTube and Dropbox than anyone should ever have to, and most importantly loving these kids so much that you didn't mind spending your free time doing it.
Check out these links from the week!
Karen: Karen's Videos
Meredith and Genia Kinder plus extra: LAST DANCE WEEK
Genia taking pictures: https://share.icloud.com/photos/0uP_wdcqHyKbTeVUqV2mG0J7g
Did You Know !?!
Throughout the past 19 years (Whoa!), we have been heavily involved with the Miss Virginia/Miss Virginia Teen Pageants, Soles4Souls, Chamber of Commerce/City of CH Tree Lighting and annual Christmas Parade, JDRF, Walk NOW for Autism Speaks and have even had Pink Day events! We have danced for The Flying Squirrels-Tri City Night at the Diamond and have helped with charitable donations to the missions of the Jr League of Richmond.
GJDC not only loves teaching kids dance, but we also love teaching them how to be a part of a team and give back to the community through the art of dance.