May 9th-May 13th
- We will be continuing our unit: People who make a difference
- Focus person for this week: Blackbeard
- We will also be continuing our other two research projects
- People who make a difference: students will work independently and will study a person who has impacted our word and write a report about him/her
- Animal Life Cycles: Students will work in pairs to study the life cycles of an animal and create individual projects.
- This week we will be focusing on reviewing contractions and possessive nouns. The two often get confused.
- A way to practice this at home is to give your child a word that is a contraction (I'll, should've, don't, she's, he's) or a possessive noun (Mrs. Bordonaro's, girls', book's) and have your child tell you what it means: she's means she is or Mrs. Bordonaro's means that something belongs to Mrs. Bordonaro.
Mystery Readers Wanted
We have been able to extend our Mystery Reader dates. We would love to have you join us for our Library time to read us a book. You can also hang out with us while pick out our books. We finish around 3:00 and then you may take your sweet duckling home with you.
If you are able to join us, please sign up:
Mrs. Bordonaro's Baby Shower
We guessed how big Mrs. Bordonaro's sweet baby belly is, Drew was the closest.
We gave lots of great name suggestions. While we don't know her name, we do know she will be adorable!!
...and very fashionable!!