Visa Security Sense

Get Help Now

Big image

Lost or Stolen Card

· If your card is lost or stolen, call your issuer – the bank that issued your card – as soon as possible.

· Keep an eye on your statements and look for any suspicious activity. Report them to your issuer.

· If you need further help, call Visa Global Customer Assistance Services toll-free within the United States at 1-800-847-2911 or call 1-410-581-9994. From outside the U.S., please click here for a full listing of local numbers.

Data Compromises

· If you received a letter from a merchant or other business that your card information may have been stolen or accessed from their systems by a hacker or criminal, keep in mind that most stolen data is never actually used for fraudulent charges.

· Issuers and Visa monitor transactions for fraud and work to decline them before they happen.

· Visa’s zero liability policy protects cardholders if fraudulent Visa transactions do occur.

· Keep an eye on your statements and look for any suspicious activity. Report them to your issuer.

Identity Theft

· If you believe you may be a victim of identity theft where someone has opened an account or obtained credit in your name, contact Call for Action at 1-866-ID-HOTLINE or visit for free confidential assistance.

Here are some steps to help restore your identity:

· Minimize impact. Contact each of the three credit agencies (;; to place a fraud alert on your credit report.

· Contact local police. File a police report for every locale where the fraud has occurred.

· Contact creditors on fraudulent accounts. If new accounts have been opened in your name, you'll need to contact each creditor by phone and in writing.

· Contact existing creditors. Contact your financial institution immediately.

Deceptive Marketing Practices

· If you discover charges on your card statement that you don’t remember authorizing, you may have been a victim of deceptive marketing practices.

· Try to resolve the issue with the merchant directly.

· If you’re not able to get help from the merchant, contact your issuer to dispute the charge.

· Report your experience to the Federal Trade Commission at or Better Business Bureau at