John James Audubon Center
Geared for K- 8th grade but all are welcome to attend!
John James Audubon Center at Mill Grove
Friday, May 8th, 12:45-3pm
1201 Pawlings Road
Feel free to come early at 12:15pm where we will be having lunch at the picnic tables behind the Barn (across from the parking lot).
Please remember to avoid bringing any nut products to protect those with severe nut allergies.
- 12:15 - 12:45 - Optional Lunch at picnic tables behind barn* see above notes*
- 12:45-1:00 - Arrive and sign in with FSC Heather Schaffer
- 1:00-1:45 Group 1 Bird Presentation
- Group 2 John James Audubon Experience
- 1:45-1:55 - Rotate Groups/Bathroom Break
- 1:55-2:40 Group 2 Bird Presentation
- Group 1 John James Audubon Experience
- 2:40-3:00 - Wrap Up
Learning Objectives: Social & Educational Focus
- Students get up-close and personal with one of the live birds of prey
- Students dissect owl pellets to learn about the diet and digestion system of birds of prey in this hands-on program.
- Students will view exhibits of John James Audubon's life and art, such as his famous book, Birds of America
- Students will visit a historic landmark
- Students will learn about environmental health, the food web, human threats to the environment, and much more!
- Students will be given an opportunity to interact with other students as they work in groups and are given the opportunity to eat a picnic lunch before the program takes place
Parents must RSVP for this program no later than Thursday, April 30th!
Please send all RSVP info (#1-6) from your parent school Gmail account to:
FSC Heather Schaffer email@example.com
1) Student name, grade, homeroom teacher’s name
2) Chaperone’s full name
3) Additional people participating (name & age/grade (if child), or name of adult participating.)
4) Total in Group
5) Any serious allergies or medical conditions that I should be reminded about?
6) Is this your first school year at PA Virtual?
Reminder for all PA Virtual events
1. In consideration of our students with serious allergies, please refrain from bringing nut (food) products and balloons.
2. As always, to limit the spread of possible flu, please do not attend a PAVCS event if you have had a fever within 24 hours of the event.
3. For safety: All student need to be accompanied by a parent or learning coach. All student must wear shoes/sneakers for the entire school event and please refrain from bringing pets.
4. If there is a possibility of severe weather, please check Blackboard the day of the event in case the even is cancelled due to weather.
5. All PAVCS events are tobacco free.