Back To School!!!
A Word From Mrs. White
School Safety! We know that this is first and foremost on everyone's mind in light of recent tragic events in Texas. We need to tighten some things up and the district is working on souping up security at all of our buildings. More info to come. That is one of the reasons that we will continue to limit visitors to our buildings when students are present. When you have occasion to visit the building please press the intercom button and be prepared with your ID and to let the secretaries know your purpose for visiting the building. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
Breakfast and lunch continues to be free for all of us again this year. You may have heard on the news that federal waivers from the USDA expired and that is true. However, we continue to qualify in PC elementaries because of a Community Eligibility Program which makes us a CEP school. For us to continue to qualify we need all of you to complete the free and reduced lunch form whether you qualify or not. We will have those available for you tonight at Meet the teacher!
I am so excited to see you all and get this school year started!!
Important things to remember.....
In the morning....
- Children may be dropped off at school starting at 8:00am.
- Pre-K students will be dropped off at the 2nd awning in front of the school. The Pre-K teachers will be there to greet them.
- All other students may be dropped off in front of the school or in the back car rider loop.
- Breakfast will be "grab and go" and available at both drop off places. Children will get breakfast and go straight to their classroom.
- At this point, parents will not be able to walk children to class. We have several adults to help them get where they need to go.
- Please remain in your car during drop off.
- Children should ONLY BE DROPPED OFF AT THE CURB. It is not safe to drop them off in the parking lot. You may park and walk the across the crosswalk. Children must cross the crosswalk with their adult.
- Make sure to come to a full stop at both stop signs in front of the school.
- School start time is 8:30.
- Quick good-byes make for dry eyes!
In the afternoon...
- Make sure your child's teacher know how they will be going home. If they are a bus or daycare rider, the teacher needs the bus number or the daycare name.
- Car rider tags can be picked up during Meet the Teacher.
- Car riders will be picked up in the back loop.
- You must have a car rider tag to pick up your student.
- The office will be very busy. Children should not be checked out after 3:00.
- School is dismissed at 3:30.
- Parents should meet walkers in their neighborhood and never park in the parking lot to pick up a walker. We need out front loop free from congestion for busses to load quickly.
Lunch and Breakfast will be provided free for every student but we still need Free and Reduced lunch forms filled out!
JOIN THE JLD PTO!!!
Comm-UNITY Online Store!
Any student who wears their Comm-UNITY shirt to any PCN event will get in for FREE!
Order your Comm-UNITY t-shirt HERE: https://pcnorthcommunity22.itemorder.com/