K-C Weekly News
March 20, 2015
What you really need to know.
- Our Spring conference Sign Up is live. This will be our last conference of the year. Please visit this link to sign up now: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d4bada82ba02-spring2
- On Monday, we will visit the library to select books for our research topics. Please see this letter to preview your child's Monday night homework assignment. https://drive.google.com/a/needham.k12.ma.us/file/d/0B23rO5AWe5ysVVVISnA5QmM4Rms/view
- We celebrated Parker's birthday this week!
Mark your calendar.
Wednesday, 3/25 - Research topic background knowledge due (no writing required, see above)
Friday 3/27 - March homework notebooks due
Tuesday, 3/31 - No AM Kindergarten
Friday, 4/3 - No School - Good Friday
Tuesday, 4/14 - No AM Kindergarten - Delayed Opening
4/18-4/26 - NO SCHOOL - APRIL BREAK
What we've been up to.
- A highlight of our week was a Reader's Theater play called Have You Seen My Gold? Everyone had a script and got a turn to play each part. The most popular roles were the Leprechaun and the chicken.
- Our math explorations this week included comparing numbers, practicing addition by counting groups of objects, and learning math vocabulary for the many ways you can say greater and less.
- We made our own "Greater Gators" to practice comparing numbers.
- We made pots of gold and a giant rainbow mural. We wrote messages on our pots of gold to tell why we think we are lucky.
- We painted kooky leprechaun masks.
- We each wrote a list of our top five research topic choices.
- We added three books to our reading folders this week! We are getting the hang of this reading thing.
Thanks to our Mystery Readers!
Parker's sister, Sophie, came down from 2M to read us an Elephant and Piggie classic, We Are in a Book! In my experience, you just can't go wrong with Mo Willems. Sawyer's mom, Kate, visited our class on pajama day to read the cautionary tale No Jumping on the Bed by Tedd Arnold. We are big fans of Tedd Arnold's silly humor and illustrations.
Links of the week.
Brainie thinks of a number. You match the number or make a number combination (addends) to add up to his number (sum).
Help the monkeys find the sight words in the popcorn! Start with Level 1
Reading CHALLENGE! Play against other online players to get your kittens race past challenging words. (You get a generic, identity-free player name.)