February 8th-12th, 2016
MJHS Mission Statement
Our vision for Ronald E. McNair Junior High is for every student to be high school ready with a college and career mindset by purposefully encouraging individual strengths, goals, accountability, exposure and participation in the global community. Each student will develop a desire to be his or her best self by purposefully aiming for academic and social readiness that produces global competitiveness.
Thought of the Week- Super Bowl Style!!
Week At A Glance
- Leadership Team Meeting after school in Mr. Morris' office
- Progress Reports Go Home
- Parent Pow-Wow's 4:00-6:15 (No ENCORE)
- Learning Lab
- Faculty Bowling at Plamor Lanes
- NO SCHOOL! SNOW DAY & President Abraham Lincoln's Birthday!
Save The Date
- Happy Valentine's Day!!
- President's Day and NO SCHOOL! SNOW DAY!
- PLC- please bring your formative assessment of your current standard and answers the the 4 questions (I have extra's in my office)
- ACT ASPIRE Learning Survey #2
- Final Friday Block Out!
Celebrating Our Students
- Please make sure you congratulare our ACADEMIC TEAM!!
- Marc Kerley-Vaughn, Curlicia Matthews and Marian Emery presented our thank you card and our sincere thanks to the McNair/Jemison building crew- they did an amazing job!
- PLEASE SEND ME YOUR CELEBRATIONS!!
- Sub Tubs- please make sure that your sub tub is up to date and in Mrs. Matthews office!
- Covering your duty- Please make sure that if you are going to be out for any reason that you get a teammate to cover your duty!
- Grades- 1 per week- Please make sure that you are putting at least one grade per week into INOW.
- Do Now- Please make sure that your Do Now is text based, has 3 levels of questions and that it is timed. Do Now- 1st 10 minutes of class.
- 90 Minutes of instruction- Please make sure that you are planning 90 minutes of Bell to Bell instruction. It is always better to over plan. Ask yourself these questions when planning a lesson...
- What do I want my students to know and be able to do? How will I know if they have learned it? How will I know if they have not learned it? What am I going to do if they did learn it? What am I going to do if they didn't learn it? What am I going to do if some students finish early? Students should ALWAYS have something to do!!!
- Class One Offenses- Please make sure that you are calling parents, talking to students, clearly stating your expectations, and documenting what you do to redirect the student. All of this helps immensley if a student needs further assistance from an administrator.
- Positive PAWS- Please don't forget to sign and make a note on student's green cards. Thank you!
- Don't forget about the GOLD PAWS!!
Duty This Week- Week Two