Panda Family News
We Learn. We Collaborate. We Celebrate.
#WeCelebrate our #PAWSome #PandaFamily Teachers for Teacher Appreciation Week #PES2021!
I encourage you to help your child write that special note, poem, or drawing that their teacher will cherish. Good news goes a long way and a heartfelt thank you makes the sun shine brighter in Pandaville, let's fill their buckets with some #PandaLove!
May 1, 2021
#PAWSome Things to Know and Check Out
- Award Winning Author and Illustrator Virtual Assembly - Don Tate! - May 5th
- Pandaville Reminders
- #StaySafe in Pandaville
- STAR End-Of-Year Assessments
- Kindergarten Registration Information
- Boys and Girls Clubs of America
- Clothing & Supplies Donations Needed
- Northwood Sports Camp June 21-24
- #WPES #PandaNewsShow
- Library Books
Important Dates for our #PandaFamily
**Every Wednesday is Asynchronous for In Person Students**
- Teacher Appreciation Week: Monday, May 3-Friday, May 7
- STAR End-of-Year Assessment Window: Monday, May 3- Friday, May 14
- Guest Author/Illustrator Don Tate Virtual Assembly: Wednesday, May 5
- Reading EOG (3rd and 4th Grade): Monday, May 24
- Math EOG (3rd and 4th Grade): Tuesday, May 25
- No School: Wednesday, May 31
- Last Day of School: Wednesday, June 9
Don Tate - Coming May 5th
- PreK, Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd Grade at 11:30 AM - Zoom Link - (https://chathamk12nc.zoom.us/j/99603917448)
- 3rd and 4th Grade at 1:30 PM - Zoom Link - (https://chathamk12nc.zoom.us/j/91355596395?pwd=VVFXWCtQK05PZmpkZWgxVzVsdVNJdz09)
- Arrival is from 7:30-7:55 by car or bus - please have mask and backpack on, ready to go! Remember that we use a zipper pattern to enter the carpool lane. Take turns and help us keep as much traffic off of 87 as possible. Farrell Street typically has several slots and not as much of a line. When exiting the carpool lane, look for the person directing traffic to help you exit safely and quickly. To assist us in directing traffic, please remember to you use your turn signal.
- Dismissal begins at 2:55 by car or bus - please have your Carpool Tag for 2020-2021. Cars should not turn left into the carpool lane from PES Road.
- For now, 4th graders are the only students that should bring their CCS Chromebooks to school every day. Remember to send your child to school daily with a water bottle, extra masks, and a beach towel.
For any questions related to Plan A, please submit them here
Help us #StaySafe in Pandaville!
You have a key role in our successful transition to Plan A.
- your child develops COVID-19 symptoms or tested positive for it
- someone in your household develops COVID-19 symptoms or tested positive for it
- your child was exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19
If you fit into any of those categories, please call the school child’s school for guidance.
STAR End-of-Year Assessments
Kindergarten Registration Information
Boys and Girls Clubs of America
Please complete this survey to indicate whether or not you are interested in being a part of the club.
PES Donations Needed
Donations that would be helpful right now:
1. Hand Sanitizer
2. Masks - CLICK HERE for the link
3. Leggings - medium and large, gently used or new
Northwood Sports Camp
Northwood Athletics is holding their annual Sports Camp. Camp will be held this year from June 21-24 from 9am-4pm. This is a great opportunity for your child to receive skill development in football and basketball. Please read carefully through the choices you and your child have. If you have any questions please let me know.