Ms. Monaghan's Message - May 7
Challenge, Inspire, Empower, & Serve
Important Upcoming Dates
May 10 - 14: Vacation Dress Up Days (see below)
May 14: Talent Show, Picnic on the Playground, 8th Last Day
May 17: Field Day (8th is invited to join us)
May 18: DARE Graduation @ 1:45; 8th Grade Graduation @ 7pm; Mr. Stinky Feet Performance for K-3 @ 1:00
May 19: Last day of School; Noon Dismissal;. Skating Party (8th is invited to join us)
Our teachers felt loved, appreciated, and supported and are incredibly grateful to YOU!!!
Dress Down WEEK - May 10 - 14
Monday, May 10: Staycation Day - Wear your KC Royals, Chiefs, Sporting KC or any other Kansas City themed gear.
Tuesday, May 11: Disney Trip - Wear your favorite Disney attire.
Wednesday, May 12: Business Trip or Dress Up For Jesus! This is our last school mass of the year, so put on your fanciest clothes and strut your stuff.
Thursday, May 13: Safari Trip - Bring out your best Crocodile Hunter gear and get ready to Safari!
Friday, May 14: Beach Day - Wear your shorts, t-shirts, flip flops, and beach hats!
Talent Show Information
Our Talent Show will take place in our Parish Hall for our parents only. We will live stream the event for our students to watch from their classroom and the recording will be shared later.
We know this looks much different than in years past, but it is the only way we can continue this tradition in a safe manner. Thank you!
How will Picnic on the Playground Work?
2. You will then walk around the back of the building towards the playground (Let us know if you are unable to walk this distance and we will make accommodations) where you will see a check-in table. Be sure to bring a picnic blanket and/or lawn chairs with you.
3. Stop at the check-in table to sign in. We will then have your child(ren) meet you.
4. Find a place to sit with your family. You will only need to wear a mask if you are gathered in a group near other families, but we ask that you spread out as much as possible.
5. At 12:30 - we will ask all families to line up on the playground track. 8th grade families will be invited to go into the school building where you will be greeted and shown where to go.
6. Around 12:45, the 8th graders will take their final walk in the school building, then will exit and walk around the track to our cheers.
7. After this, teachers will line up with ALL students.
8. If you would like to checkout your child at this time, you will walk back up around to the front of the building, where you can wait for your child on the sidewalk. A staff member will be there to greet you and call for your child to be dismissed.
In case of rain, this event will unfortunately be cancelled. We will notify you by 9:00am on May 14th in this event, but we are all praying that we wont' have to worry about it!
Important Skating Party Information
Our students will wear masks while in the skating rink and on the busses and will return in time for dismissal as normal.
2021-2022 New Staff Members!
Kindergarten Teacher - Mrs. Reichert
5th Grade Teacher - Mr. Kahmann
Share Your Thoughts With Us
When creating a Mission Statement for our school, I think it's incredibly important to get all stakeholders involved. As parents, you choose to send your child to St. Patrick School for a reason and I believe YOU should have a voice in the mission of our school.
If you would like the opportunity to share your thoughts about our Mission Statement, please click the link below. Carefully read through our current Mission Statement, and add your suggestions in the space below. You can type directly on the document.
Thank you for your help in making St. Patrick the BEST school in the northland!
Register for Summer Child Care Below
Summer Camp - Ages 3-5
Register Below for St. Pius X Athletic Camps
2021-2022 School Calendar
Box Tops For Education
Learn more by clicking the links below to read or watch a video!
Protecting God's Children Certification
TRAINING CHANGES CONTINUE DUE TO COVID-19
- All live Protecting God’s Children for Adults (PGC) workshops continue to be suspended due to COVID-19.
- Employees and volunteers required to complete PGC are instead required to complete 2 online training modules in VIRTUS®:
- Protecting God’s Children® Online Awareness Session 3.0
- Mandated Reporters: Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse
- VIRTUS® has automated the assignment of these modules for all brand new VIRTUS® users.
- Contact Sherry Huffman at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up today!
Health Room News
Covid -19 Policies and Procedures
In accordance with the Diocese of Kansas City St. Joseph, we will continue the Covid-19 polices and procedures that have been in place this school year. This means, our students will continue to wear masks appropriately throughout the day when working in close proximity to others. It also means, we will continue to socially distance in the classroom and lunchroom and will follow the same health procedures listed below.
These procedures have kept us in school and no one wants to risk that at this point in the year! We appreciate your support with this as we finish up this interesting school year.
Daily Health Check
If your child is attending "in person" classes, we ask you to complete a daily checklist each morning before leaving for school.
My child has a temperature over 99 degrees.
My child has had diarrhea in the last 48 hours.
My child has a sore throat or flu-like s symptoms.
My child has vomited or shown signs of nausea in the last 48 hours.
My child, or someone in our family, has been exposed to Covid-19.
My child has traveled somewhere currently on the travel ban list in the last 10 days.
I have given my child fever reducers, cold medicine, or other over the counter meds to reduce symptoms of illness within the last 48 hours.
Daily Health Symptom Check
* New cough
* Difficulty breathing
* Loss of taste/smell
* Fever (>99 degrees) or chills
* Congestion/runny nose
* Sore throat
* Muscle or body aches
Please note: If your child has 1 High Risk symptom OR 2 + moderate risk symptoms, he/she will be sent home and allowed to return after 48 hours symptom free and with a doctor's note stating he/she is safe to return to school.
These are very strict guidelines provided to us from the Clay County Health Department that we must follow in an effort to keep our students and staff safe and healthy. We appreciate you partnering with us to ensure we follow these policies and procedures each day!