What You Need to Know
They know that we are not a one to one school. They do not expect to see every student on a device. They are expecting to see students leading the lesson, students engaged, and most importantly-students collaborating.
Friday, April 25th from 8:30 to 10:30
- K5 and the Virtual Science Lab will be first on the tour
- We will let you know a more specific time as the date gets closer
Why the Showcase?
- to show off the great things that we are doing here at Monaview
- after having last years showcase we received the opportunity to pilot both the Discovery Techbook and the Virtual Science Lab
- this year we have more business partners and community supporters coming - while we can't guarantee that this will lead to anything, it is a possibility
What does Parker need from You?
- If you haven't sent me your QR code, I need it. I am still missing 7 codes.
- If you haven't filled out the Google Docs then please do so before Thursday, April 3. Click here to go to the Google Docs. I still need 11 people to fill it out the form.
The deadline for technology requests has passed. We have booked every piece of technology that I know of. However, we do have headphone splitters which can be attached to an iPad, tablet, computer, etc which would then create a learning center.
Odds and Ends
- Practice your lesson a day or so in advance. This will make sure that all the kinks are worked out.
- This is going to be bigger than last year's event. Last year was for district personnel. This year's event will still include district personnel but will also include community leaders, business partners, and even staff from another school district.
- If you don't know what to do or you are struggling with ideas, please see me or Fran. If Fran isn't here, then email her and collaborate that way. We don't have long before this great event.