Welcome to our Wildcat Update. This newsletter will be posted on our KSTM district web page bi-weekly. Please check it out for all the up-to-date information and pictures of all the amazing activities happening at King Science!
High Altitude Balloon Launch
OPS Science Coaches and KSTM science teachers prepping for launch!
Final check before launch!
And she's off!
Updates to Science Fair
We recently restructured the way that Science Fair work time happens for students in order to offer more support time! Students will not have Science Fair Wednesday classes anymore but instead will work on science fair projects in advisement class each day. This will provide 125 minutes weekly vs. 70 minutes weekly of supported work time.
We are still on track for project turn-in on December 11th! Our Science Fair Event will be on December 18th with a weather make-up date of December 19th!
In addition to advisement class, there are two other opportunities for support: Science Fair Saturday help and after school Science Fair Wednesday help! See those schedules below.
Science Fair Saturday dates!
The Scientific Method
Science Fair is just the scientific method in action!
Wednesday Science Fair Help
All students must be signed up for Wildcats Club!!! Applications are located in the main office!
Updated Work Schedule
Sept. 23-Oct.4th-Questions worked on during Science classes
Oct.21st-25th- List of Materials/Procedures/Variables
*Parent Contact Day/Work Day
Oct. 28th-Nov.1st- Experiment/Experiment Log/Data Table/Graph
Nov. 4th-8th- Data Table/Graph *Parent Contact Day/Work Day
Nov.11th-15th- Results and Conclusion/Reports
Nov.18th-22nd- Written Report/Boards/*Parent Contact Day
Nov. 25th&26th-(break 27th-29th) Written Report/Boards
Dec. 2nd-6th- Written Reports/Boards
Dec. 9th&10th- Finalize Boards
Dec 11th- Turn in Boards and Written Report
Dec. 13 Stage/1st 45 of each block-Teacher Turn-In
Want to get more involved?
- Oct. 7th Science Fair will begin during advisement classes
- Oct 8th & 9th-Tutoring for select students starts (Wildcats Club is available for homework help!)
- Oct. 9th-KSTM Vision Screening Event*Impacts grade 7 only.
- Oct. 11th- Renaissance Celebration During 5th Block! See Mrs. Clark for details!
- Oct. 14th & 15th-MTSSB Quarter 1 Celebrations
- Oct. 15th- Fall sports end!
- Oct. 16th- Conferences *Wednesday 3:30-7:30 pm
- Oct. 17th-Thursday: Teacher work time 7:30-11:30 am then 12:30-6:30 pm NON-STUDENT Day
- Oct. 18th- Friday NON-STUDENT DAY
- Oct. 19th Goal Ball Tournament 8am-3:30pm *Sponsored by HCA-Come check it out and buy some concessions!!
- Oct. 21st-Winter Sports Start
- Oct. 23rd-Science Fair Wednesday after-school help starts
- Oct. 31st-5th block 8th grade sponsored pep rally in the pm. Orange/Black out school spirit day.
October Staff Meeting
Staff learned about self-care and mindfulness!
KSTM took 2nd place at the Norris Fall Quiz Bowl!
Sponsor of Quiz Bowl