The Kirk Fenton Pro
Weekly newsletter for staff 22nd February 2019
So we have reached the halfway point of the year and the weather is looking brighter and the days are getting longer. We are on the downhill run now with all the joys of spring and summer ahead.....
This week a reflection on the gifted child
We can all pick out a gifted child. They are the ones who sigh and raise an eyebrow when someone else makes a mistake, usually followed by a polite question used to set the record straight and to let people know that they know.
Give these children patience to cope with what they see as others' short-comings!
Give us too patience, wisdom and humility: patience to cope with the frustrations of teaching these children where their brightness stands out; wisdom to accept that although they have greater potential than I have, there is still much that I can teach them; humility to take joy in their successes and their insights.
But above all, let them - with all their gifts and potential - have a normal, happy childhood, before they have to assume the burdens and responsibilities that their gifts will inevitably bring.
Have a great half term,
Messages, Information, reminders and notices
- Claire Thandi will be off all next week again- Helen Butler will be covering.
- Tea and Coffee - Your next instalments are due for this term please
- Support Plans - Please ensure that all your support plans are completed and shared with parents before Easter.
- Playground Rotas - Please see new playground and bus duties for after half term. CTu will forward
- Timetables - Please can class teachers let me have a copy of their weekly timetable on a Monday each week.
- Staff Meetings - Please see the dates attached below for the rest of this term
Tuesday 18th Feb - Purple Mash
Tuesday 5th March - Book Look at Sherburn Hungate PS
W/C 11th March - Parents Evening
Tuesday 19th March - Feedback from Book Look/ marking Policy
Thursday 28th March - KS1 Writing Moderation
Tuesday 2nd April - KS2 Writing Moderation
Thursday 11th April - Kirk Fenton Book Look
Diary Dates Next Week
- Helen Butler in YN am and YR pm
- Catherine in YR am
- KH & KW at SENDCo meeting all day
Tuesday 5th -
- Y2 Trip to Elvington Museum
- 10:30 Jigsaws visiting EYFS
- 13:15 PE CPD Y1 & Y6
- 15:45 Staff Meeting at Sherburn Hungate
- 16:30 CTu to SL Course
Wednesday 6th -
- 09:00 KW to SHPS re Data
- 10:30 Michael Walshaw to see JMcK re Cleaning
- 13:00 KS1 Cricket
- 15:30 Whole staff briefing by Melissa Boyes CFO
- 16:00 Inclusion Team Meeting
Thursday 7th -
- K'Bots at Riverside
- World Book Day
- 08:00 KW at Diocese Leaders Briefing
- 09:30 Amanda Whittaker
- 13:00 Change 4 Life Festival Y3/4 x10
Friday 8th -
- 09:00 Multi Agency Meeting JW Y1
- 15:30 Friends Book & Cake Sale
Thank you's and Well done's.....
Well done to Doranne who has successfully completed her L3 TA certificate
Becca would like to thank
Karen P., Jacqui, Gemma and Judith for supporting SATS club every week - it will make a real difference!
Emma for her general loveliness to me this week.
This week's birthdays....
No-one this week