advertisements for prescription drug products
FDA approved drug advertising
key component whithin the main part of ad
- the name of the drug
- at least one FDA- approved use of the drug
- list significant risks of the drug
What are ads not required to tell you?
- If there is a generic version of the drug (a drug with the same active ingredient that might be cheaper)
- If there is a similar drug with fewer or different risks that can treat the condition
- If changes in your behavior could help your condition (such as diet and exercise)
how effective these rules are?
- Consumers are informed by what they see online and on television from content andadvertising.
- Consumers are actively bringing physicians information, asking about treatment options and even challenging decisions in an effort to manage their own health