"Dreams" by Langston Hughes
By: Tyler, Jordan
- Langston Hughes.
- Was born February 1, 1902 and died on May 22, 1967.
- Was born in Joplin, Missouri and died in New York, New York.
- He lived in New York.
- 1.He observed prejudice actions towards the black society.
- 2. In his poems, he talked about rape, and how we can solve the problem.
- 3. He traveled to different cultures and wrote about the good things in them.
- 1. He talked about how we can solve problems in society.
- 2. He also told us how to respect and love one another.
- 3. He made literature more popular and enjoyable for people.
- 1. Harmon gold medal.
- 2. Honorary doctor of letters.
- 3. Guggenheim Fellowship.
- He loved to travel.
3. The tone of this poem is that if your dreams fail its not over, last night on the voice none of the judges turned for someone but that does not mean she cant come back next year and win.