Middle School News - March 12th
ASSEMBLY!! 5th, 6th and 7th graders going to KELLOGG!! Tuesday at 9:00AM Code: KelloggMS
Come meet Principal Smith****Find out which Bridger teachers will be going to Kellogg!
Message from Ms. Roletto
Welcome to our 5th Grade Families
We have now officially added our 5th grade families to our middle school newsletter! We hope you get more information specifically around the transition to middle school through our newsletter and community.
What is the word around Middle School Hybrid? Here is what we know:
- We will follow the same hours as the primary students in order to accommodate transportation planning.
- The middle school and high school surveys HAVE NOT come out yet.
I am so EXCITED to stay with this community and will be helping out Principal Smith when I can to help plan for spring and summer as we get ready to open a new school.
Kellogg Middle School Class Schedules for current 6th and 7th graders - Follow up
I will be reaching out to those who did not fill it out yet and we can set up a time to go through it.
Most of the students have heard about the electives from me.
Here is the list of classes for you to review: Elective class descriptions
Here is the link to the forecasting form you can fill out together: Forecasting form
WATCH these videos to help you OR visit me next week at the times below to help you fill these out:
Need help? Come visit Ms. Roletto - ALL NEXT WEEK!
Tuesday through Friday - 9:00am - 9:40am - Google Meet Code: Roletto
Monday through Friday - 12:25 - 12:55 - Google Meet Code: Roletto
FUN FRIDAY - Because we need one!! Find out next week from teachers what your choices are...
Middle School and HS Transition Plans
- Ms. Roletto will be working with the Harrison Park team to communicate and activities or meetings that may scheduled in the spring.
- I anticipate that we will be doing schedule forecasting in APRIL for incoming students. Stay tuned!
Kellogg Middle School:
- Principal Smith has started to form committees with teachers to start planning.
- He also would like to start a parent advisory group in April. It will be about two parents per grade level (5th-8th). I don't have final information, but if you want to be put on a list to be considered, please email email@example.com
- We know that high schools are deep in creating the master schedule for the school. We hope to hear what next steps are for families, but my guess would be mid spring.
MS "Lunch Hangout Times"
Opportunities to connect w/ others and counselor:
Ms. Howard office hours: CODE: howardoffice - Fridays 9:40-10:20
6th drop-in Lunch Group - CODE: 6lunch - Mondays 12:30 - 1pm
7th/8th drop-in Lunch Group - CODE: 78lunch - Tues 12:30 - 1pm
Student Council – CODE: bridgerstudentcouncil – Fri 1:10–1:55pm
QSA Group – Email Ms. Howard for code - Fridays 2-2:30pm
Ms. Howard can be reached at 971-378-0470 or firstname.lastname@example.org
COUNSELOR WEBSITE: https://sites.google.com/pps.net/bridger-k-8-counseling/home
Student Emails and Google Calendar
- Mr. Roletto will be sending information about activities throughout the year
- Teachers will confirm appointments with students
It's a skill they will need to have when they get to high school and expected to use.
Also it will be important for students to use their email because we WANT to text students, but we aren't able to use REMIND messaging directly with students as some parents have asked because their is an age requirement that most of our students don't meet.
Organization tip for students - WATCH
Video link: Ms. Roletto's organization tip