Peek at the Week
September 28 - October 2
Need to Know News
Fall Fundraiser NewsWe are finishing up our Fall Fundraiser. Many thanks to all of you that sent orders in to support our PTA. If you have any outstanding orders, Monday is the last day that we can accept orders.
On Friday, we ran out of foxes, we have those ordered and should receive them no later than Tuesday. We apologize for the inconvenience.
School Improvement Council Members
We would like to welcome the newest members of our SIC:
-Mr. Bryan Stepp -Mr. William Crawford -Ms. Lynn Senn -Mr. Stephen McNeill
Read Your Way to the Big Game
BSES students will have the opportunity to participate in a Clemson vs Carolina reading competition. Contest participants are entered to win 4 tickets to the Clemson vs. Carolina game, sideline passes, and pre-game activities!
A parent letter/log will go home on Monday, September 29th.
1. Choose which team your child will read for and check the box on the log - your child may only choose one team.
2. Help your child complete the 6 book log as they read throughout the month of October.
3. Turn in the log to your child’s teacher by Friday, November 6th.
We would love to have 100% school participation and an overall BIG winner....we are reading everyday anyway!
- Fall Fundraiser Due (this is the last day orders will be accepted)
- RtI Meetings
- SIC Letters go home
- Good News Club Meets (2:15-3:30)
- Read Your way to the Big Game info goes home! See info under "Need to Know" section above
Tuesday, September 29
- Last Day for 3rd Grade SLED forms for October 15 field trip
- Tasty Treat Tuesday (weather permitting) $2.00
- Faculty Meeting (3:00)
- Box Top Collection
Wednesday, September 30
- Grand Canyon Rep in lounge from 2-4 for those interested
- 3rd Grade Collection Window for October 15 field trip (through October 6)
Thursday, October 1
- TAP Meetings
Friday, October 2
- Signed papers to go home
- Hospitality Day for Teachers
- Fall Picture Money Due
- Spirit Day
Yearbooks on Sale!
Yearbooks will be available for purchase online starting September 14. We will make them available online through March 31. The cost is 15.00. You will need to follow the link below and enter the school code 21001.
For your convenience, you are also able to pay your child's lunch balance online. Once you get on the webpage, click to sign up. It will guide you through choosing the state and school district. Please click on the link below.
5-9-Fire Safety Week
6-Last day to pay for 3rd Grade Trip on October 15
7-Walk @ School Day,
Custodian Appreciation Day,
Yearbook Sale at School,
1st Grade Field Trip
9- 4K Field Trip
12-Teacher Preview for BookFair, 2nd Grade Field Trip (Revis, Atkins, Horan)
13-BookFair Begins October 13-21),
Board Meeting and Honor Choir Performs
2nd Grade Field Trip (English, Pepper, J. Johnson)
15-SIC Meets (3:00),
3rd Grade Field Trip
16-Fall Fundraiser celebrations
19-2nd Grade Field Trip (Thornton, Mitchell, Cumbo)
20-Fall District Office Visit, Report Cards go home, Book Fair Family Night (3:30-6:00), Parent/Teacher Conferences
21-Last Day of Book Fair
22-Honor Choir to perform at Upstate Stand Down, Fall Carnival (4:00-6:30), Parent/Teacher Conferences
26-30-Red Ribbon Week
30-Award's Day (1-12:30, 2-1:00, 3-1:30), signed papers go home, P. Pups Celebration
A Day in the Life @ BSE
PLEASE SURE THAT YOU ARE SIGNED UP TO RECEIVE TEXT! To receive school reminders, please text @bsesn to 1-443-345-1126