Beaver Ridge ES Parent Newsletter
Beaver Ridge Elementary School
Student Dismissal- 2:45 PM
Office Hours- 7:30 AM- 4:00 PM
The mission of Beaver Ridge Elementary School is to develop life long learners achieving academic and personal excellence.
The vision of Beaver Ridge Elementary is to be a community of empowered and productive lifelong learners.
Feb 03 Digital Learning Day #3
Feb 14 Georgia Milestones Parent Workshop
Feb 14 Spring Class Picture
Feb 16-20 Student/Teacher Break
Mar 1 & 2 Early Release Days/ Parent Teacher Conferences
Mar 17 Digital Learning Day #4
Apr 3-7 Spring Break
Mar 23 5th Grade Ceremony at Summerour Middle School
May 24 Last Day of School
GCPS Educational Effectiveness Surveys
February 28-March 10,2023: Family Survey is open. (An email will be sent, via School Messenger, containing the link to the survey on February 28. The survey—available in English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese— will also be available in the Parent Portal.)
Annual Parent Involvement Survey
Who: Families of students who are receiving special education services
What: Each state is required to conduct a parent survey to measure parent/family perceptions of the success of parent engagement between home and local schools.
When: Available January 23, 2023 – May 31, 2023
Where: Parents can complete the survey via the survey link below. We ask that a copy of the attached letter be sent home with every SWD student. Also, we ask that the letter(s) and survey link be posted on your special education teachers' e-class pages and your school website. Our goal is to ensure that all parents are aware of the survey and have the opportunity to participate.
Please use the following link to access the survey: https://survey.gadoe.org/SPEDParentSurvey
Ready By 5
Ready By 5 (RB5) is a FREE nine-week program for families and children birth to age 5. Parents and children learn together in a fun and engaging way that will build parents’ abilities to support their child on their educational journey!
• Children birth to 5
• Parent must attend with child(ren)
• Live in Gwinnett County
*Seating is limited, enroll today!
*Older Siblings Welcome
For questions, please call:
Saturday Mornings 2-hour block:
Time to be Determined 03/04/2023-05/06/2023.
There will not be class on Saturday, April 8, 2023
Classes will be held at:
Beaver Ridge Elementary School 1978 Beaver Ruin Road Norcross, GA. 30071
Celebrating the Super Bowl!
Our very own Super Bowl winner! Thanks GCPS School Nutrition Program!
Transition Fair 2023
New GCPS Mobile App
Save the date for the 2023 Transition Fair. The event will be in-person! The Transition Fair is an opportunity for families & educators of students with disabilities of all ages (Elementary, Middle, & High) to connect with resources to support the journey to adulthood. The Fair will feature local agencies that specialize in the areas of: Vocational Training & Employment Services, Day Programs & Community Living, Recreation & Leisure, Funding & Community Resources. It is never too early to start planning for the future!
Please click below to see 2023 Transition Fair Flyers - Translated to various languages.
Special Education Parent Toolkit
The Special Education Parent Toolkit is a resource provided to parents to aid in effectively supporting their student(s) and preparing them for the future.
Mr. John Harley, a member of The Atlanta Chapter, Tuskegee Airmen, came by to share the legacy of the first generation of African American military aviators of the Second World War with our 5th grade students.
2023 Georgia State Elementary Honors Chorus
Congratulations to Brielle Edwards- our 2023 Georgia State Elementary Honors Chorus and Ms. Simms our wonderful Music/Chorus teacher.
The Gwinnett County Public Schools (GCPS) Parent Mentor helps to provide parents of students with disabilities information, guidance, and resources to support students at home, at school, and in their communities.
Parent Mentors Present
“Enjoy an Engaging Summer Break”
Who: Parents/Guardians of students receiving Special Education services
What: Parent Mentors Present: “Enjoy an Engaging Summer Break”
When: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 9:30am – 11:00am or 6:00 pm-7:30pm
Where: In-Person registration link for 9:30am session: https://forms.gle/R4M6j8iaK2mjt6kh9
Zoom registration link for 6pm session: https://gcpsk12-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJcld-2srDwiH9SEfXN5OGsB6ov57H7nayoz
Please use the following link to access the parent letters: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18fW7T6SEm_tOB8u91RcDuKAlqjhwzc1b?usp=share_link
Download the Free Gwinnett County Public Schools App
Stay on top of the latest news, calendar events, and emergency information by downloading our free Gwinnett County Public Schools mobile app.
- Receive alerts for school closures or delays and important districtwide information.
- Check our events calendar.
- Access your school’s lunch menu and add money to your student's account..
- Access districtwide digital resources.
- Read the latest district news.
Below are the Pre-K recruitment flyers with information for our 23-24 Pre-K lottery. Please click on the language that is best for you.
Ice-Cream Sales Update
CHANGE: Monies for ice-cream will ONLY BE ACCEPTED Monday-Thursday.
Please help us with with our new process for collecting ice-cream money from students.
We will now collect money for ice-cream will Monday-Thursday.
Students can bring $1.00 to purchase ice cream during Monday-Thursday.
Ice-cream will be given out during lunch on Fridays.
Parents also have the option to purchase ice-cream for their student's
class to celebrate their birthday.
5th grade parents- save the date for the 2023 5th Grade Promotion Ceremony: May 23, 2023.
We will be sending a letter home with more information in the coming months.
- Student Arrival is 7:45am
- Tardy Bell/Late Arrival is 8:15am
- Early Check Out Ends at 2:15pm ***The latest students can be checked out is 2:15pm to allow us time to prepare for the safe arrival of buses and dismissal of students.
- Student Car/Bus Dismissal begins at 2:45pm
Late Arrival Students
Please know that students should try to be at school daily and on time. All students PK-5 will participate in a SEL classroom morning meeting to start their day and then right into instruction. We ask that you do all you can to ensure your child is in school on time. Our bell rings at 7:45 From 7:45 until the late bell at 8:15, students are getting breakfast, unpacking for their day, and engaging in activities their teachers have ready for them.
As always, if your child is sick in any way, they should stay home. Send them back with a sick note from you or your child's doctor to excuse the absence.
CAR RIDER REMINDERS
AM Car Rider Reminders
• Staff will be on the sidewalk to supervise students exiting their cars, beginning at 7:45. Please do not allow your child to exit the car until a member of the staff is present.
• It is very important to be courteous to other drivers. Also, please drive carefully and put your phone away to ensure the safety of our students and staff.
• Staff will wave you forward and will let you know when it is safe for your student to exit the car.
• Car rider staff will only assist your child in exiting the car if needed. Please make sure your child is able to unbuckle their seatbelt and open the car door independently.
• At 8:10, staff will proceed to walk back to their classrooms. If you miss the window, you must park and come inside to check your child in.
• On rainy days, you can anticipate a longer car rider line.
PM Car Rider Reminders
• If afternoon car rider is not your child’s “usual” transportation, their classroom teacher will need a handwritten note from a parent/guardian that allows them to be car riders for that afternoon (E-mails and phone calls are not accepted). If the classroom teacher does not receive a handwritten note, your child will need to go home their usual way.
• Car Riders must be picked up no later than 3:10 pm. We will walk “late” students to the front office and reach out to a parent/guardian. You will need to pick up your child from the front office and sign a “late” form.
• Please hang your 2022-2023 car rider tag in your rearview mirror.
• Please be patient with us as we are trying to locate and load car riders every afternoon. Also, please practice reciting car rider numbers with your child so that we can load them as quickly and safely as possible! Thank you for your help and cooperation!
Career Fairs & Events - Join our GCPS Winning Team!
GCPS Recruitment and Employment Fair will be held on Saturday, March 4, 2023 at Gas South Convention Center from 8:00 am - 12:00 noon!
GCPS will host a Recruitment & Employment Fair at Gas South Convention Center in search of talented candidates to hire in the following staff positions:
Teachers - Paraprofessionals - Classified Support - Substitute Teachers - School Psychologist I - Bus Drivers - Bus Monitors - Custodians - School Nutrition - Grounds Maintenance
Programmer Analyst - Coordinator of Outlook and Email Admn - Technology Support Tech III - Support Manager Tech Support - Computer, Technology & Agricultural Education, and many more!
Complete your online application, then reserve your spot to request an interview with district administration and managers to start your career in our award-winning district.
Candidates must first submit an online application and then register to attend for interview consideration.
Step 1: Apply at gcpsjobs.org
Step 2: using your online application number: Register for an interview
Name It & Save It!
Be sure to write your child's first and last name inside jackets, coats, and shirts. As cooler weather arrives, Beaver Ridge's lost & found items significantly increase. This will help us return lost items to their owners.
Imagine Learning Literacy at Home
Imagine Learning Language & Literacy
Follow these simple steps to help your child begin using their Imagine Learning program:
1. Please use a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer. Cell phones are not supported. Make sure your child is working independently.
2. Contact your child's teacher to receive their login credentials
- Still not able to login? Email or text Support
3. Parents and caregivers watch an orientation video (in English or Spanish)
4. Students in Language & Literacy watch this video (in English or Spanish)
MyPaymentsPlus Account Information
All Meet Your Teacher Day/Open House documents will ONLY be available on MyPaymentsPlus. We will not have paper forms available.
MyPaymentPlus Offers Free 24/7 Access To
- Student cafeteria balances and purchase history
- Prepayments for breakfast/lunch, with auto-pay capability
- Meet Your Teacher Day (Open House) documents
- Other fees and activities such as yearbooks, spirit wear, field trips and more!
Using your MPP Account
Creating an Account - Spanish
A Parental Guide: Reviewing and Acknowledging Orientation Agreements & Title I Documents
- GCPS offers healthy and delicious meals for our students. Due to the expiration of USDA Covid-19 waivers, students will now be charged for meals based on their individual eligibility for 2022-2023.
- Parents who would like to apply for Free or Reduced Lunch for their child can access the
2022 - 2023 Meal Application online. New applications are required each school year.
- We recommend you complete the application prior to the first day of school to avoid charges.
- Breakfast Prices: $1.50 (Full Pay); $0.30 (Eligible Reduced Pay); and $0.00 (Eligible Free)
- Lunch Prices: $2.25 (Full Pay); $0.40 (Eligible Reduced Pay); and $0.00 (Eligible Free)
- Milk Only Full Pay: Breakfast and Lunch ($0.40)
GASP! is an aftercare program located at Beaver Ridge Elementary. Parents looking for an after-school program at an affordable rate can sign up by clicking on the following link: https://www.GASP-ga.com
Please frequently check our website: https://www.gcpsk12.org/BeaverRidgeES, follow us on https://www.facebook.com/BeaverRidgeES and https://www.instagram.com/beaver_ridge_es, and read all emails from Beaver Ridge Elementary School to stay up to date on all current and upcoming events, important updates, and invaluable information.