March 29th, 2019
Dear Poupard Families,
Happy Spring!! On behalf of our Poupard Family, we thank you so much for making time to stop by last week during conferences. We had a tremendous turn-out and increased our overall attendance rate to 90%!!! Thank you for joining us to learn about your child's progress and plan for success for these last few weeks of school.
M-STEP and NWEA Assessments
Please keep an eye out for information from your child's teacher regarding M-STEP testing grades (3-5) and NWEA (all grades). We will be starting both tests after returning from Spring Break which provides our students to demonstrate all that they have learned. These tests are valuable as we make decisions of what students need as they continued their growth here at Poupard.
Please help prepare your learner to test by:
- Getting a good nights rest
- Eating breakfast at home or school
- Reading each night
- Allowing them to practice typing stories at home
- Encouraging your child to do their best
Thank you to all the families that helped out selling popcorn to assist our PTO. The fundraiser was a huge success and we exceeded our goal. We are hosting an assembly in celebration of the fundraiser, passing out prizes and taping me to the wall on April 10th at 2:00. Families are more than welcome to join in for the fun!
Please continue to monitor your child’s internet and phone/tablet usage. The internet can be a very scary place for our young people without the proper supervision. We are having more and more issues with apps/technology usage that occurs at home and is then talked about during the school day. This is true across all grade levels. These situations may bleed into the school day and cause disruptions in the learning environment.
Some safety tips to consider:
- Spend time talking with your child about safe and appropriate online behavior
- Bookmark favorite sites for kids, so they are easily accessible without having to do online searches
- Pay close attention to your child's online activity and become involved in what they are doing online
- Watch for unknown charges on credit card accounts that may be linked to websites
- Limit screen time to an open, common area in the household
- Do not allow cell phones and other electronic devices to be taken to bedrooms overnight - consider keeping them in another area of house during overnight hours
- Please be aware that some Apps have age requirements.
Young 5’s information
Please click the link below for more information about registering for our Young 5’s program for the 2019-20 school year.
Parent Workshops: Please click the link below for some wonderful parent workshops that our district offers.
Thank you for making Poupard an amazing place to be!
Notes from the Office Staff
On Tuesday's Poupard sells pizza for $1.50 a slice. The pizza is delivered to the students classrooms at the end of the day. Money generated from this fundraiser is invested directly back to our students and building. Our current goal is to provide water bottle filling stations for our students.
Poupard realizes that occasionally morning tardiness cannot be avoided. The problem arises when late arrival occurs often. The tardy students miss attendance, lunch count and directions for the morning. We ask that families do their best to bring students on time. However, if your student is tardy you MUST come to the office to sign them in.
Mark Your Calendars - April
Saturday, March 30th - April 7th: Spring Break - No School
Monday, April 8th - Classes Resume
Tuesday, April 9th - PTO Meeting at 6:30
Wednesday, April 10th - Blown Fuses Robotics Family Night (3rd, 4th, 5th grade) 6:30-8:30 PM
Thursday, April 11th - Blue Ribbon Committee meeting, 6-9 PM, place TBA
Friday, April 12th - Ties and Tiaras Dance at Grosse Pointe North from 6:00-9:00
Friday, April 19th - No School
Saturday, April 27th - Parent 2 Parent Sale at Poupard from 8:30-12:00
Monday, April 29th - Instrumental Concert at 10:30 AM
Tuesday, April 30th - Town Hall 10:15 AM
Lots of fun stuff going on with Poupard PTO! Please join us! We would love your support.
We have several fundraising and volunteer opportunities outlined below.
Popcorn pick-up will be the Week of April 9th.
Open Board Position for School year 2019-2020: Communications Secretary
Job Description here: https://www.poupardpto.org/uploads/1/2/0/5/120598512/pto-secretary-job-description.pdf
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com to express interest.
Visit our new website at www.poupardpto.org for more info about the PTO and our upcoming events!
This month’s meeting will be held Tuesday, April 9th @ 6:30pm in the Gym!
Thanks for your support,
Poupard PTO Board
Poupard Elementary School
We strive to maximize our potential as learners, leaders, and global citizens.
Our Core Values:
- We believe in Mutual Respect
- We believe in Building Relationships
- We believe that Everyone Can Learn
- We believe in being Compassionate and Empathetic
- We believe in Recognizing and Valuing Diversity
- We believe in Hard Work and Effort
- We believe that Everyone has a Talent or Strength
Our PBIS Expectations
All students will Learn
All students will Lead
All students will be Safe
All students will be Respectful
"All Means All"