Tiger Tracks Inside Edition
Travis High School Faculty Newsletter - September 9, 2019
THIS WEEK AT A GLANCE:
Monday, September 9
NFL Jersey N Jeans Day!!! First in-season Texans game warrants a spirit day.
Be sure you are working on Accommodation Verifications, SLO development, T-TESS goal development, and Annual Staff Training online!
Be sure you have contacted the parents of all students that are failing at PR 1!
Grade changes must be submitted by 10:00 AM.
Verify that you can log in to Habitudes - see email from Mrs. Herring
Tuesday, September 10
Volleyball: vs Hastings (Home) 4:30/5:30/6:30
Tennis vs Austin (Home) 3:00 pm
Wednesday, September 11
College Wear Wednesday
Faculty Meetings during your conference in Library
Thursday, September 12
Theme Day: Nerd Day--"Outsmart the Lions"
Tennis: @ Austin (JV): 3:00
Football vs Spring (Freshman): 4:30
Football @ Spring (JV): 5:00
Friday, September 13
Fridays we wear RED!!!!
DEADLINE: Accommodation Verifications due to your T-TESS appraiser!
Pep Rally - Activity Schedule
Senior Assembly-take attendance, then send to auditorium: 9:15-9:40 am
FBI Assembly (600 students attending): 10:00 am
Anti-bullying campaign during all lunches in cafeteria.
Tennis @ Katy (Varsity): 3:00
Volleyball: @ Elkins 4:30/5:30/6:30
Football vs Spring @ Mercer Stadium (Varsity): 7:00
Saturday September 14
Volleyball tournament at Terry High School (Freshman/JV)
Poster Contest for Friday's Pep Rally!
The first pep rally of the year will be Friday, September 13th. We will be having a club/organization poster contest that will become part of the mascot skit. This is a great opportunity to advertise for your club or organization as we tend to sell out our first pep rally. Also, a lot of Freshman who don’t know about all of the club opportunities are usually in attendance. If you would like to participate, please have at least one representative from your club attend the pep rally and have the poster ready. The winner of the poster contest will be the club TOA ends up joining on his first day of school. That means extra advertisement J
If you have any questions or would like further details, email Kristen La Buhn or Kelsey Sapp.
Attention FIRST PERIOD Teachers!!
The board pictured below was placed in your box on Friday if you have a first period class. When you have EVERY student IN CLASS & ON TIME – please use a dry erase marker, initial and date inside a box. When your board is full with 12 days of everyone present and on time, please contact Mrs. Kilgore in A116 so we may verify and get your class their treat!! This challenge begins on Monday, September 9th!
New items to complete:
BOY Instructional Accommodation Checklists are due SEPTEMBER 13 for all English Learners (ESL). Please turn them in to Ms. Cravens and contact her with any questions.
Overdue "To Do" items
CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: This electronic transmission and any documents or other writings sent with it are confidential information which is intended only for the named recipient and which may be legally privileged. If you receive this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone, at 281-634-7000 for instructions on its destruction or return. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action concerning the contents of this communication or any attachment(s) by anyone other than the named recipient is strictly prohibited.
Laptop Cart Maintenance - a Message from Josh Martin!
These are general rules to properly maintain laptops, and preserve batteries for the laptops in the carts.
- 1. Please turn off the carts before you leave for the day, every day if possible. Also please turn off the carts before holidays and summer break. A lot of carts were left on over the summer and the batteries over charged and started physically expanding causing damage to not only the battery but physically effecting keyboards and trackpads of the laptops making them unusable. Also an expanding battery is not safe. If you have these in your cart please stop charging them. Also some batteries do not have the expanding issue but are not holding a charge anymore. Because of overcharging, the battery doesn’t have proper cycle counts, thus doesn’t know what a full charge is. All of these will be dealt with on a case by case basis, I cannot promise you a fast turnaround or repair approval because these aren’t handled at my discretion, I can only report them, it takes a lot to manage all of these as it all has to be documented. Between my 2 campuses I have well over 2k student laptops alone to manage, so please make sure you are taking care of them. They are not cheap to replace.
- 2. Please do not let your students plug in laptops to charge. The power ports are very fragile and when these go bad there’s no option but a full unit replacement. Again this is not at my discretion for turnaround time or repair approval. I can only report it after diagnosing the issue.
- 3. If you have a dedicated cart in your room, please assign student laptops to the same students when possible. This will help with low disk space issue, which triggers profiles loading issues, long login times, and domain server issues.
Scream Team Gear For Sale
We are so excited that our Scream Team short sleeve and long sleeve (they are different) are about to be ordered! As always, we sell them to you at cost just so you have more options to your Travis Spirit gear J I am loving them!!! All of the students will be receiving the short sleeve J The first 20 who signed up will be gifted the long sleeve - they don’t know so please keep it a secret from the kids!
We do pick the soft material shirts and have found them super comfy.
The short sleeve is $12 and the long sleeve is $25.
If you are interested in purchasing one for this year, please send Mrs. Martinez your order and have payment no later than Friday, September 13th at noon. We need to put in our order on Friday afternoon so the sooner you get in your orders the better!
Long Sleeve or Short Sleeve:
Room #: (this is for delivery when they arrive)
Thanks for always supporting all of our Tigers and we hope you love these shirts as much as we do!
Reminders For Staffulty
- 1. All teachers are to park in the faculty parking lot on the south side of the campus (by the bus ramp). The front staff lot is for office personnel and visitors only.
- 2. The service/emergency drive that runs from the parent drop-off lane, around by the tennis courts and empties onto the bus ramp is for emergency vehicles only. Employees are NOT allowed to park on this drive during the school day. .
- 3. Coaches/sponsors/directors – if you post flyers or posters in the halls of the school, PLEASE remove them within 24 hours after your event has occurred. You may enlist members of your organization to take them down for you. For example: if your group has a meeting advertised for Thursday the 29th after school, you and/or your kiddos should remove signage by the end of the day on Friday the 30th.
- 4 PLEASE remember: students are NOT allowed to leave class during the first ten and the last ten minutes of each class period. FOR ADVISORY: since this period is 20 minutes long, there should be no students allowed out on restroom passes or hall passes.
The only exceptions to 10/10 are passes sent from an office and obvious medical emergencies.
HabitudesOnline Access Information for NEW Users!
You now have access to the HabitudesOnline platform.
To access your account, you will log in via www.habitudesonline.com using the following credentials:
- Username: Your email
- Password: Habitudes
Our platform is optimized for the Google Chrome web-browser and may not function optimally with all browsers. Google Chrome is a free browser that can be downloaded HERE.
Let us know if we can assist you with anything else. If you have specific tech support questions, simply use the chat feature in the bottom right-hand corner of your HabitudesOnline home screen or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teacher Recs for Sophomore Class Officers
Sophomore Class Officer Applications are out, and it is a requirement for them to get 5 teacher recommendation forms. Applicants will hand you a slip of paper with their name requesting you fill out a form for them. We ask that all forms be submitted by Friday, September 13th. Your input is important and will be a part of their overall score-- So please answer honestly!
New Morning Procedure for Commons/Auditorium
We have made an adjustment to our procedures in the morning in order to thin out the crowd of students in the cafeteria so we can monitor/control the areas better. We are funneling students into the auditorium. The auditorium seats just under 700, but if we push in about 400 kids then the cafeteria will be much less crowded and easier to manage. So as students arrive, if they are not eating or sitting then they need to go find a seat in the auditorium. No eating or drinking in there! We will not have a crowd of student standing around the cafeteria. Either sit at a table or sit in the auditorium. We are also releasing from the Tiger slightly before the 7:24 bell (approximately 7:22) to allow extra time due to the large increase in student numbers. Please let an administrator know if you have questions.
Frontline (Formerly AESOPS)-DEADLINE 8.29.2019 TO COMPLETE
On-Site Flu Shot Clinics
On-Site Flu Shot Clinics
For Employees and Dependents (Age 4+)
Starts September 16
- FREE to employees, spouses and dependents (4 years and older) covered by FBISD medical plans
- $26 for employees without FBISD medical insurance
- Bring a COPY (front and back) of FBISD insurance card and write your date of birth on it
Please see attached flyer for more information and schedule for your school or location. Schools not listed have scheduled clinics with other vendors. Please see your nurse for information on when your flu clinic will be held.
Need more info? Details on the flu vaccine and in-network providers can be found HERE
Click Here for Schedule
Click Here for Influenza Vaccine Flyer
Special Populations Binders
We will post weekly in this section of the newsletter something from a member of our Leadership Team that you can add to your tool kit! We would also love any ideas for our amazing teachers on campus. Submit your teacher toolkit ideas to Ms. Baker!
Don’t forget to stop by the clinic to do the Epi-Pen administration demonstration if you haven’t yet done it for this year. This is a TEA requirement. Also, the nurses will place an Emergency Card in each of your mailboxes next week. Please complete it and return it to the clinic as soon as possible. Thank you for your attention to this important request.
Ms. Franco, our Professional Learning Lead, now has a form to fill out for any Educational support requests.
Refer to the email from Ms. Spina for specific instructions on 8.14.2019 if you are having trouble navigating through the site.
Our campus IT is Joshua Martin and his office is in the library! Please remember to put in a Support Portal ticker (Formerly CRM ticket) instead of emailing him when you have a request. Thank you!
ALL THINGS ADVISORY
9th grade Access Code: 25JG-6TGZ-63PVB
10th grade Access Code: VH3S-K9X8-5BGJV
11th grade Access Code: JJRJ-J73S-VV69B
12th grade Access Code: 2NQ2-Q2R3-DQTR9
Weekly Advisory Lesson Plans are located in the 1st 9 weeks folder of your appropriate Schoology Course under the appropriate dated week. You MUST log in and JOIN the correct Schoology course to access the videos and materials for this week's lessons.
TEACHER SHOUT OUTS!
Shout out to Ms. Garrett and STUCO for providing an amazing experience for our Tiger Tots during Open House!!!!
Congratulations to Mr Householder for being named the Belles Teacher of the Week!!
Schoology Access Code for all THS Professional Development - 35S22-5WVJF - We have uploaded back to school PD resources here too!
Want a way to award Tiger Pride Points or recognize a student? Submit a positive office referral!
Grading Policy and Reporting Reminders! - PLEASE REVIEW!
- Do NOT put a 0 in on any assignment that was not completed due to student absence - for any reason - until the student has had sufficient time and opportunity to complete the assignment and failed to do so.
- Assignments in grade book must have specific name - i.e. Ch 12 vocab assignment vs Homework 2
- Grades must be entered within 5 days of assignment due date.
- Late Work is accepted - 1 day late is up to 15 points off; 2 days late is up to 30 points off
- Parent contact is required any time a student is unsuccessful and any time a student is in danger of failing a course - please document all contact
How to Reset Your Network Password
Do you have news to share? Email THS Announcements! (THS.Announcements@fortbendisd.com)
Tiger Tracks Parent Newsletter
Raising Cane's Fundraiser for THS Dance: 11:00 am-9:00 pm
CBLT Meeting 3:00 PM
Progress Report #2 Ends - UIL Eligibility Check - No Pass/No Play
Fort Bend County Fair Holiday-No School
Deadline for Names of Beau and Sweetheart HERE
Homecoming Community Pep Rally - 6:00 PM
Houston Teachers family, friends, and guest can enjoy the game at a preferred rate of $15!