Balclutha Primary School - T3 Wk 9
Newsletter 24 September 2021
Kia Ora e te Whānau and welcome to Week 9.
With only one week of term three left, all our classes are working frantically to get learning tasks completed before the end of the term.
Planning is now underway for Term 4. We are hoping the COVID restrictions will be relaxed next term so we can welcome all our parents and friends of the school back on to our site. Term 4 is an exciting term as we celebrate our learning from the year, and we would really like our extended whānau to be part of that.
We are excited to announce a change of structure in our junior school for next term. The details of this are below.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Ngā mihi nui,
Junior School Restructuring
We are excited about the number of new students who have joined our junior school this year, or are due to arrive before the end of the year.
Unfortunately our junior classrooms are now bulging at the seams.
Our wonderful Board of Trustees has given permission, and allocated the funding, to open another junior class for term 4.
These students will be working in Room 4 for the morning and will be taught by Mrs Gail Allen and Mrs Brittany Morrison. We are very excited to welcome Mrs Allen and Mrs Morrison into our BPS whānau next term. A more detailed notice has been sent home to the parents of the Room 4 students today.
Room 12 Parent Interviews
A reminder that teachers are happy to meet with parents at any time if you have concerns or would like to discuss your child's progress. Please contact the class teacher or the school office if you would like to schedule a meeting.
Whānau and School Update
We have been asked if we would like to have a stall, selling food, as a fundraiser at the Cross Recreation Half Marathon, 10km, and 5km Event on Saturday 16th October. We will need some additional helpers for food preparation along with help on the day of the event.
This could be a good fundraising opportunity for Balclutha School. If you can help, please let me know via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Whanau and School Meeting next week, Thursday 30th September at 7pm, in the staffroom, everyone welcome.
Whanau and School Co-Presidents
Sara Sutherland and Carleigh Frisby
Several unnamed tops look to be brand new (1 new size 10 hoodie, 1 new size 10 sweatshirt with logo on back). If you think any of these tops belong to your child, please phone the school office 4190103 - or ask your child to come and ask at the office. (2x size 8, 7x size 10, 2x size 12, 1 x size 14).
We also have 3 "puffer" type jackets. Black. All look like they will fit 5 - 7 year olds. All unnamed.
Please help to re-connect tops with owners by clearly naming your child's uniform.
Congratulations to Penny Coote, Liam Huddleston and Rylie Labes, who have been selected for the South Otago Touch Rep Teams. Good luck for the tournament on Sunday.
Super 8 Cricket
Year 5-6 and year 7-8, Super 8 cricket tournament is on at the start of term 4. The permission slip has been emailed to parents (see the below link for a copy of the letter). Please reply via email or send a note to school.
There has been a lot of interest from parents for some form of athletics to be available in the area, which is great. A meeting is scheduled for 5:15pm on Tuesday 28 September at the SO Athletic clubrooms on Pearson Lane. The meeting is open to anyone and everyone to openly discuss a plan and hopefully to get things started in Term 4.
MUFTI DAY - Last Day of Term
After looking at printing and patterns that are around us, Room 2 have re-created some fantastic pictures of the Balclutha Bridge.
Room 5 Science on Wednesday
Room 6 working on their science experiments with acids and bases
Congratulations to our Award Winners this week. Mrs Neave presented awards in class today to ...
- Jonty Inglis - for always trying your best and being such a great helper! You have settled into Room 1 so well.
- Braxton Butcher - for making fantastic progress with his reading, and working hard on his writing too.
- Max Warden - for consistently displaying all four BPS values. He is a responsible and respectful member of Room 2.
- Jarvis Tokiariki-Brooking - for using some fabulous description in his spring writing. Fantastic Jarvis!
Room 3 -
- Zavier McLean - for his improved listening skills and getting tasks finished on time.
- Murray Maxwell - for having amazing manners with the scientists and being enthusiastic to learn new things.
Room 5 -
- Kayden Beck - for always having a positive attitude and for awesome maths.
- Georgie Cleverley - for always being busy, doing her best and working hard at maths.
- Tristan Dobson - for awesome maths and a happy attitude.
Room 6 -
- Eva Martin - for asking for help when she needs it and for dedication to speeches.
- Sonny Rolton - for making good decisions in challenging situations.
Room 12 -
- Beth Dalley - for her consideration and respect for others by being a super star art monitor - cleaning and sorting art equipment.
- Aidan Cloete - for her effort and attitude during home learning to complete her speech.
Room 11 -
- Bella Paterson - for the support and encouragement she gives her classmates (and teacher).
- Malakai Beck - for showing an amazing work ethic to his classmates.
To view OSCARS Holiday Programme and to find out how to make a booking, please check out the link below...
- School Saveloys, sport fees and all camp fundraising - 02 0900 0000 452 00
- Whānau and School, fundraising, school uniforms (2nd hand and new) -
- 03 1734 0006449 00