Week of 10/26 - 10/30
Red Ribbon Week
Spirit Week info is below!!
Car Line Reminders
* Please have your students ready to get out of the car when it is time. Having them ready with their bookbag/lunchbox, etc. is very helpful!
* If students ride in booster seats please work to have them learn how to operate their buckles!
* Parents should remain in the car at all times
School Dismissal Manager
Please also be sure that you had established a default dismissal. Once this is done, no changes need to be made to the program unless you have a change in dismissal. This would then be set as an exception!
This app will soon be used to assist us with our car line. Parents will use the app to "check in" when they get to the car line! A Scoop will be sent out with instructions before that process begins.
If you have not received an email from SDM, please e-mail Amanda.Reopelle@Onslow.k12.nc.us
Thanks so much! We are looking forward to using this program!
Face coverings are required at all times on the school bus.
Charleston Wrap Fundraiser
School Nutrition Information
OCS has been notified that the USDA summer nutrition program waiver allowing school systems to provide free meals has been extended until December 31. This means that until December 31, every school-age child 18 years or younger who lives in Onslow County will be eligible to receive meals while in school, or from any of our Student Nutrition Hub sites, at no cost.
We encourage our families to apply for Free/Reduced lunch so that the application is processed before the waiver ends.
-No visitors are allowed on campus -- only essential staff members.
- Parents should remain in their cars in the car line. Parents are not allowed in the building at arrival and dismissal times and aren't permitted to gather outside of the lobby to wait for students. Students will be dismissed with social distance in mind.
- Everyone must wear a face covering.
- All visitors will have their temperature checked and be asked screening questions. This includes students and staff.
Health and Safety
These are some of the measures that will be in place when school resumes.
*No shared supplies - updated supply list is below.
*Desks arranged to maintain social distancing
*Hand sanitizer station in each classroom
*Hand washing and sanitation will be built into the routine schedule
*Signage to remind students/essential visitors to maintain social distancing; directional arrows in hallways
*Each student will be provided with washable masks if needed; any cloth face covering is permitted
*All breakfast and lunch items will be individually packaged
*All OCS students, staff and essential visitors are required to be screened daily before entering schools. The screening process consist of the COVID19 screening questions and temperature check.
*All Onslow County Schools students K-12, staff and essential visitors are required to wear a face covering while on campus.
*Students are encouraged to bring a refillable water bottle; water fountains will be closed off.
10/26 and 10/27 - Cohort A attends (4th and 5th grade)
10/28 - Remote Learning Day for All Students
10/29 and 10/30 - Cohort B attends (4th and 5th grade)
10/27 and 10/30 - Science NC Check In -- 5th Grade
11/2 - Fourth and Fifth return 4 days a week
11/2 -11/6 - Red Ribbon Week