March 12th, 2021
We are looking forward to welcoming back our PreK, K, 1, K-2 ACP, FCP scholars on Monday!
Thanks to all that participated in our Family Zoom Thursday evening; we hope you found the session informative. We are very excited about seeing scholars in our buildings and for our remote scholars to continuing to do their amazing work. For students staying fully remote, you are an important part of our school community, and we will continue to support your success!
*Please remember that parents/guardians will be required to stay at their cars during drop off. Families will not be able to walk their scholars into the school as we need to adhere to our health and safety guidelines. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
Important: Complete online Health Screening (attestation) Form Required Before Leaving Home
It is very important that all families in the hybrid model complete the daily and required online health screening (attestation).
· Daily health screening attestation and temperature checks must be completed every day for all staff and scholars before they leave for school.
· Parents should have already received an e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Families can choose to opt into text messaging for the daily online health screening notifications.
· Starting first day of hybrid, for their child, primary guardians will receive daily notices for each child attending school face-to-face.
· Any parent can fill out the screening via the website or QR code. More information: www.fwps.org/healthscreening
Return to in-person/hybrid dates:
- Beginning March 15, 2021:Return to in-person learning for PreK–1, K-2 ACP, ETP, and K-12 FCP.
- Beginning March 29, 2021:Return to in-person learning for Grades 2-3 and 3-5 ACP.
- Beginning April 19, 2021:Return to in-person learning for Grades 4-5.
Bell time schedule reminder:
In order to establish a consistent schedule for all elementary scholars, beginning March 12, all elementary scholars, regardless of remote or hybrid status or grade level, will be returning to the same start and end times as last year (with the exception of the four schools who’ve moved locations due to school construction: Mirror Lake, Star Lake, Wildwood, Lake Grove). Find the bell times here: www.fwps.org/Page/8038.
Safety is a top priority
As we prepare to return to in-person, here are a few important reminders:
- All staff and scholars are required to wear masks at ALL times at our school campus and on the bus. If a scholar doesn't comply with wearing a mask, the school principal will call the parent/guardian to come and pick up the child.
- Social distancing will be practiced in all areas and there will be regular handwashing throughout the day.
- Visitors will not be allowed on campus in order to minimize the number of people on campus.
Resources to Support the Transition:
- Hybrid Model Overview: fwps.org/Page/8072
- Day in the Life of a Scholar video (available in our top languages). Watch it at fwps.org/Page/8056
- Family guide(available in our top languages) fwps.org/hybridmodelfamilyguide
- Hybrid orientation video (available in our top languages) at fwps.org/Page/8073
- Daily Health Screening video at fwps.org/health screening