What's Trending in Room 228
Mrs. Marcum's class
Weekly Attendance = 97.38%
Our class had the highest attendance for Month of December!!!
Mark your Calendar:
- Monday, January 18th-- No School (MLK Day). Snow make up day if we have a snow day before January 18th.
- Thursday, January 21st-- PTO Skating Party at Skateland 6pm-8pm
- Friday, January 29th-- PTO Movie Night 5:30pm-7:30pm @ Sweeny Cafeteria Movie= Hotel Transylvania 2
- Monday, February 1st-- PTO meeting 5:30-6:30
- Friday, February 12th-- PTO Friendship Class Party
- Monday, February 15th-- President's Day- No School (Snow make up day if we have a snow day before February 15th).
- Math- We will be starting adding and subtracting fractions.
- Reading- We will start using multiple sources on the same topic to answer questions.
- Writing- We have worked on choosing and narrowing down our topic. Now we will begin collecting information for our writing piece.
Grammar- We will work on more verbs and frequently misused words (lie/lay and set/sat)
Words Their Way- Sort 17 (Number Prefixes quadra-, tetra-, quint-, pent-, dec-)
Science- We will review what we have already covered this year, and take the 2nd big Acuity test for the district at the end of the week.
If your child does not have a coat on (and it is a cold day) they will not be allowed to go outside for recess anymore. They will either have to go borrow one from the nurse, or if the nurse does not have one, they will have to read a book in the office during recess.
If you need a coat for your child please let me know, and we can get you set up with resources to get a warm coat for them!!
This all started because Conner went to donate some things and saw their "Birthday Shelf" with only a few little books on it. It made him so sad he decided to take action. He wrote a persuasive essay and presentation for Dr. Engelhart. Once it was approved, the boys created a presentation for the entire student body...and they presented it during the December Project Sweeny assembly!
Their goal is for Sweeny to raise 300 toys to donate to People Helping People.
We have two black ones with white toes (SO cute) that still need a home (one is turning a more dark gray color, so I'm not sure what color it will end up being)! They are still really skittish, but Brenna (my daughter) is working on them. They still have a tendency to jump out of your hands (literally).
Box Tops for Education: End of February is Coming Quick!!
All the money comes right back to our classroom for me to spend on the students.
Each box top you send in is worth 10 cents for us to spend. It doesn't sound like much, but they can really add up. Ask relatives and friends if they have any extra box tops they aren't using. Most people don't mind cutting them out and saving them if you ask:)