Inequality for All
What did you learn while watching Inequality for All?
- What was your reaction?
- What surprised you?
Describe Robert Reich
- What kind of person is he?
- What are his values?
- Is being 4'10'' part of his personality?
What is a Lobbyist?
- Money enters politics, what has is done?
- Money enters stock market what has it done?
Define Capitalism and Socialism
A prosperous middle class:
- Why is a middle class important?
- Can an economy survive without a middle class?
- Decline of Unions
Virtuous Cycle-Strong Middle Class 50's, 60's, 70's
Vicious Cycle-No Middle Class
- Programs (Student Loans)
Lack of Income
- Women go to Work
- Work more hours
- Borrow money
- 1% of People 99% of Wealth
- Why rich money isn't helping Americans
- Lack of middle class removes "buffer" for money between classes
- Pillow Billionaire
- Circuit City Layoff Guy
- Costco Mom of 2
- Stock Market Workers
- Common theme of accepting less pay to keep job.
The Truth About the Economy