This Week in DHS Band and Guard
Week of August 22, 2022
This Week's Schedule
Monday, August 22nd
- Full Band Camp, 8 am - noon (We removed the 1 - 4 pm block so students can have the afternoon off to get ready for the first day of school.)
Tuesday, August 23rd
- First Day of School (No before or after school practice)
Wednesday, August 24th - Meet the Wolves
- 5:00 pm Call Time in summer uniform (bring a snack to eat after school)
- 6 pm Meet the Wolves @ Wolf Stadium
- ~7:15 pm Parent Pickup
Thursday, August 25th
- Full Band Rehearsal, 5 pm - 7:30 pm
Friday, August 26th
- Davenport @ Victoria West, 7:30 pm @ Memorial Stadium (3001 Miori Ln, Victoria, TX 77901)
Students who have an unexcused absence from after school rehearsal will not perform at halftime at the football game this week. Please communicate any conflicts that you have with band rehearsals. We will work with your schedule to find solutions.
First Football Game
Students need to bring these items with them to school on Friday.-Rehearsal clothes
-Grey Wolf Band water bottle filled with ice and water
- Band - Grey band polo, black dress shorts, black belt, black no show black socks, marching shoes, and band ball cap. No makeup or jewelry.
- Color guard - Black dance capris, CG shirt, black no show socks, and gym shoes.
Schedule for the day
- 5th period - All Freshmen attend cohort meeting
- 6th period - All band and color guard students report to band hall - change into rehearsal clothes, short run through, and load truck
- 3:45 pm - Inspection
- 4 pm - Leave - eat dinner on bus
- 6:15 pm - Arrive and unload truck
- 7 pm - Pre-Game Ceremonies
- 7:30 pm - Game starts
- 11 pm - Leave Memorial Stadium
- 1:30 pm - Approximate Parent Pick up
Meet the Wolves
Meet the Wolves is a free community pep rally at the stadium. The event is Wednesday evening at 6 pm, and it is open to parents. We will be wearing our summer uniform (same as first football Game). Students will report to the band hall after school and need to bring their summer uniform with them to school on Wednesday.
This is the last week for the WiddyUp Fundraiser. We are currently at $11,905 of profit. Let's keep this going!
If your family needs help finalizing set up please reach out. Our Way and Means Committee Chair, Kathryn Evans, is more than happy to help! (email@example.com)
The Intro (or "pitch" video) can be found here
The Thank You video (fight song) can be found here
Flip Folder and Binder Check
All band students (not color guard) are required to have a flip folder. We will be having a flip folder check and binder check the first day of school. We will be selling flip folders with extra pages this week for $10, but you can also order them from Music and Arts or Amazon. Students will need to purchase additional pages to be able to fit all their stand tunes in their flip folder. Lyres are required for clarinet and saxophone players. Band students are also required to have a 1” black binder for their full-sized music.
Click here to access details including registration and payment information.
Click here to access the tentative itinerary.
To register, follow this link: https://accounts.amclass.com/
- You will need to set up a new account
- Enter the registration code: 1CD37273
The deadline to register is August 25th, 2020.
- First home game! Davenports v. Tivy, September 2nd, 7:00 pm
- Labor Day, September 5th, No school or practice
- Full Band Practice rescheduled from Labor Day, September 6th, 5-7:30 pm
Director of Bands
Associate Band Director
Color Guard Director
Color Guard Assistant Director
Director of Bands
Assistant Director of Bands