District-wide ENews Notes
October 28, 2021
- Sat., Oct. 30 - Community Band Concert, District Aud., 7 p.m.
- Sun., Nov. 7 - Daylight Savings Time Ends
- Mon., Nov. 8 - HF-L PTA Meeting, High School, 8 p.m.
- Tues., Nov. 9 - Board of Education Meeting, 7 p.m.
- Thurs., Nov. 11 - Veteran's Day - Professional Development Day; Staff in Session, Students Not in Session
- Mon., Nov. 15 - Winter Sports Practices Begin
- Tues., Nov. 16 - Safety Committee Meeting, TBD, 3:45 p.m.
- Wed., Nov. 17 - Music Booster Club Meeting, H.S. Chorus Rm., 7 p.m.
- Tues., Nov. 23 - Board of Education Meeting, 7 p.m.
**NOTE: As the school year begins, please recognize that the District's online calendar will house the most accurate District and building events.
As the District begins migrating to a new website vendor, please expect issues with accessing the current website platform on Friday, October 29, 2021. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
District Launching New Website - November 1, 2021
The Honeoye Falls-Lima Central School District is excited to announce the launch of a new website platform that plans to focus on student stories. The District will be launching the new website on November 1st to accommodate an exciting new live feed capability, which will allow us to share in "real-time". This website will be the driving force in the larger effort to highlight the achievements that take place every day across the district. This technology is designed with both families and school leaders in mind.
This effort is in partnership with Apptegy, an education technology company. The company created Thrillshare, a marketing platform that empowers teachers, students, and administrators to share stories of growth in the district.
This new website will be a one-stop-shop for all of the District's content.
Career Night & Job Fair
The event will be Thursday, Nov. 4, 2021, from 6-7:30 pm at the HF-L Middle School. Careers represented will include those ranging from engineering to medical to construction to criminal justice, and beyond; military persons will also attend. This year we have added a local job fair for students and parents seeking employment. Sarah Harvey and Betty Mandek will be on-site for students to file for and receive working papers.
Do you like to use your creative abilities to make one-of-a-kind works of art? If so, you should sign up for December's Craft Club! Each session will feature a different craft, and are you ready for the best part? For those of you who plan on giving your artistic creations as gifts, you will be able to gift wrap them - talk about "Secret Santa"! Holiday Craft Club beginning Wednesday and Friday, December 1 - December 15, 3:00 - 4:00 pm. To register sign up through Community Programs Office at:
Confidential Family Support Survey
Vacation Cougar Care
November 11, 2021 Vacation Care is available, and registration is open online.
Activities include a field trip to Altitude Trampoline Park and open swim at the High School pool. For questions, please contact the Community Programs Office at 624-7068.
HF-L Downhill Ski and Snowboard Club
HF-L Downhill Ski and Snowboard Club is back! Registration is now open for students in grades 3 - 12 through the Community Programs website. For more information check out the HF-L Downhill Ski and Snowboard Club Facebook page or stop by the Community Programs Office. Think Snow!
Introducing Club Paper
BIL Basketball Registration Now Open
HF-L Partners with Paper Tutoring Service
The Honeoye Falls-Lima Central School District is happy to announce its partnership with Paper, a digital tutoring service. This service is available to all HF-L students in grades 4-12 and will provide free, unlimited access to virtual tutoring sessions. These sessions are 1:1 and are available 24 hours a day. Students can access this using their ClassLink portal.
Using Paper, students get homework help, writing feedback, and study support on demand. Teachers gain insights into learning gaps. Administrators have visibility into where support is needed.
UPDATE: Paper is now offering live parent webinars. They are every 2 weeks in English and Spanish. 45 mins, parents sign up through that page and they will receive a Zoom link by email. https://pages.paper.co/webinars-for-parents-and-guardians
Mendon Public Library
Mendon Public Library is open M-Th, 9 am - 8 pm. Friday and Saturday, 9 am - 3 pm.
Upcoming Weekly Events:
- Tuesday Story Time at the Gazebo, 10 am, Rain or shine, bring your toddler for stories, songs, and simple crafts.
- For Adults - Join us Tuesdays now through November, from 12:12 – 12:52 PM, to watch a book review on the “big screen” at Mendon Public Library. No reservation is needed. We will be showing the Fall 2021 Books Sandwiched In book reviews, provided by the FFRPL (Friends and Foundation of Rochester Public Library).
Upcoming Special Events (please call to sign up for events below, 624-6067):
- Medicare Info Session with Excellus Mon 11/1/2021 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- PARENT SAT/ACT Q&A Wed 11/3/2021 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- Staff Training Day, LIBRARY CLOSED, Fri 11/5/2021
- Sit n' Stitch Wed 11/10/2021 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Teen Trivia Night: Percy Jackson + Other Questions (Open to Middle & HS Students) Wed 11/10/2021 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Knit Nook Thu 11/11/2021 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
- Board Game and Puzzle Swap Drop Off Mon 11/15/2021, 9:00 AM to Fri 11/19/2021, 3:00 PM
- Board Game and Puzzle Swap Pick Up Sat 11/20/2021, 9:00 AM to Wed 11/24/2021, 1:00 PM