Vaughan Viking Voice
August 21, 2019
Welcome Back, Vikings!
We are so happy to have all our Vaughan Vikings back in class! There are just a few important reminders as we adjust to the new school year:
- Allen ISD has moved the school start time to 7:45 am for all elementary campuses!!
- Doors open at 7:25 am for students to enter the building.
- Students will be counted late if they are not in the building by the 7:45 am tardy bell!
- All outside doors will lock and students will need to enter at the front door after 7:45 am.
- Students who eat breakfast should be in the cafeteria no later than 7:40 am.
- Students should always exit the car on the curb side for safety reasons.
We are looking forward to an awesome 2019-2020 school year!
Vaughan Spirit Shirts for Sale - Limited Quantity
PTA Back-to-School Packet Available: Join, Donate, Volunteer
- Update your student's info and directory preferences
- Join PTA
- Donate to our Anchor's Away fundraiser
- Select volunteer interests - Including Art Sparks facilitator and Room Parent
To start, please visit www.VaughanPTA.org.
Vaughan PTA Membership Drive - Chance to Win!
You can help your classroom teacher win a $50 gift certificate to the book fair! The classroom with the highest percentage of PTA membership will win their teacher a $50 book fair gift certificate. To Join: visit www.VaughanPTA.org!
Anchors Away - The "No-Fundraiser" PTA Fundraiser!
You can help the school get cool events and supplies, help the PTA support the school, AND help your Viking student earn fun prizes just by going to VaughanPTA.org and donating to our Anchors Away "No-Fundraiser" fundraiser! There you can see all of the prize levels, grade level awards, and school level goals. There are some amazing incentives this year - everything from popcorn to Ring Pops to yard signs! If every household at Vaughan were to donate $30 we would be able to bring in Dinosaur George, an award-winning traveling Dinosaur Museum!
Other ways to support our school:
- Hosted the Popsicles on the Playground event - thank you Kona Ice!
- Donated 50 wobble chairs to the school classrooms.
- Donated a book binding machine and kit to the library that preserves the longevity of our books.
- Provided a bagel and bacon breakfast to the staff last week.
- Delivered 369 school supply kits - thank you to the wonderful volunteers who worked throughout the summer!
Thank you everyone for your support of Vaughan PTA!
PTA purchased 50 wobble chairs for the school.
PTA delivered 369 school kits for students this year.
PTA hosted a bagel and bacon breakfast for our staff on August 16.
A BIG "Thank You" to the PTA from the Vaughan Staff!
We are lucky to have such dedicated and caring volunteers!
PTA Events: Coffee with Principals & Ice cream social
Coffee with the Principals
Tuesday, August 27, 8:30-9:30 am
Vaughan Multi-Purpose Room
Come to this casual coffee to visit with the principals and other families.
PTA Meeting and Ice Cream Social
Thursday, September 5
5:45 pm: PTA Member Meeting, Vaughan Multi Purpose Room
6:15 pm: PTA Ice Cream Social, Vaughan cafeteria
Be The One T-Shirts On Sale Through September 6, 2019
Allen ISD's district-wide character initiative is called Be The One. Through this program, students at each campus are encouraged to spread kindness, be respectful to others, accepting of one another’s differences, and be helpful at home, in school, and community. In order to spread the word, Be The One t-shirts are available for purchase in both youth and adult sizes. The custom designed t-shirt can also serve as a great spirit shirt for all sporting events; as well as other school and community activities.
Please help us show our community and surrounding area that Allen students, parents, and staff want to make our world better by making the effort to Be The One that will make a difference!
To order https://allenisd.schoolpay.com/ and login to your account.
Watch D.O.G.S. Information Night
Join us for the Watch D.O.G.S. Informational Meeting:
- 6 pm Tuesday, September 10
- Vaughan Cafeteria
*Note: Sign ups this year will be through Membership Toolkit and will open at 6 am on September 11. CLICK HERE for more information about Watch D.O.G.S.
AISD Volunteer Application
AISD Project SOAR - Apply by August 22
Vaughan PTA Open Board Positions for 2019-20
If you are interested in serving on the PTA board, we have the following positions open: Veteran’s Day, Newsletter, and Student Enrichment. If you are interested in learning more, please email Christine Kless at VaughanPTAPresident@gmail.com
August 26, 6 pm: 1st Grade Curriculum Night - MPR and GATE classrooms
August 26, 6:45 pm: 4th Grade Curriculum Night - MPR and GATE classrooms
August 27, 8:30 am: Coffee with the Principals, MPR
August 27, 6 pm: Kindergarten Curriculum Night - individual classrooms
August 27, 6:45 pm: 2nd Grade Curriculum Night - MPR and GATE classrooms
August 29, 6 pm: 6th Grade Curriculum Night - MPR and GATE classrooms
September 2: No School
September 5, 6:45pm: 3rd Grade Curriculum Night - MPR and GATE classrooms
September 5, 5:45 pm: PTA Membership Meeting, MPR
September 5, 6:15 pm: PTA Ice Cream Social, Cafeteria
September 10: 6 pm, Watch D.O.G.S. Information Night
September 12: 5-9 pm, Spirit Night at McDonalds, Bethany/Allen Heights