Kingsmen Parent Newsletter
My City, My School, My Family......NCM!
Week of October 11th, 2021
Greetings Kingsmen Families!
We hope everyone had a great first week of Quarter 2. This week will be a regular week of school with a minimum day on Friday.
Thank you to all the parents who joined us online for our parent workshop titled, "Preventing Bullying." In case you missed it, here is a link to the presentation shared by Assistant Principal Currier: Click here for the presentation link. A helpful video was also shared with all parents. Please take a moment to watch the various types of bullying and how to identify it and put a stop to it immediately. Click here for the video link.
As a friendly reminder, we have numerous tutoring opportunities available for NCM students including morning, lunch (7th grade only) and afterschool tutoring! We have two teachers available to assist students afterschool, please send your students! On Saturday, we offer tutoring and attendance recovery from 8am-12pm. The next progress report will be available on October 29th. Two more weeks for students to earn the best grade they hope to achieve!
Please be mindful of the following dates:
- October 13, 2021: College Wednesday
- October 14, 2021: COVID Testing at NCM (Cancelled) New location: Castle Park Middle
- October 15, 2021: Kingsmen Spirit Gear Day
- October 16, 2021: Saturday School
Thank you and have a great week Kingsmen Families!
Stop the Spread Event
youth (middle/high school) are invited to join our local health experts and youth leaders on Wednesday, October 13th from 6pm – 7pm for this online event.
This will be an opportunity to learn about COVID-19 safety and vaccines, get their questions answered, and share their experiences.
To join the meeting day-of please use this link. Registration is not required. Please email COVID-Education@sdcounty.ca.gov if you have any questions.
COVID Testing Opportunities
Daily Health Screening Reminder
Our school community which includes students, parents, community members and NCM staff are expected to self-monitor and not to enter school facilities if symptomatic or experiencing a fever.
If students are sick, please keep them home and report the absence to our Attendance Technician at 619-336-2608.
Thank you for your cooperation.
*****Schedule for the Week*****
*****Tutoring Available at NCM!*****
*****Resources for Parents*****
Set Up Your Parent AR Account
Do you want to know your child's reading level range?
Create your parent account in our Accelerated Reader online program to support you child with improving their reading skills! See sign-in instructions below, titled "Parent Notifications-Home Connect."
Home Internet Support is Available!
*****Parent Center Information*****
If you have any questions, please contact us! We are excited to see you on campus or online at future events!
Teresa Walkup- Title I Resource Teacher
Doralicia Real- Community Relations Facilitator
*****NCM is on Social Media*****
*****Before and After School Program Information*****
- Students enroll online or using the link below; see homepage of NCM website.
- 150 students are permitted in the program. We are full but accepting students and placing new applicants on a waitlist.
- Before School Hours: 6:40am-8:10am
- After School Hours: 3:10pm-6:30pm
- Program runs everyday school is in session!
- The earliest a student can leave is 5:00pm with an early release form signed by the parent.
Please click on this link for more information https://forms.gle/VzcyvKGQjdMR2AXF8.
COVID Safety Protocols
- Masks are required indoors, not outdoors.
- All visitors are required to wear a mask when entering campus.
- Parents are encouraged to health screen their children prior to sending them to school.
- Children with a fever or not feeling well should be kept home.
- Social distancing will be encouraged with all students.
- Cleaning protocols are in place for frequent sanitation of facilities.
The student handbook provides an overview of NCM including schedules, staff contact information, calendars, policies and programs.
NCM Bell Schedules for the current school year. Please see the school calendar for specific days.